Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

lemon law?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
bababooey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lemon law?

i have an 05 magnum rt. so far its had nothing but problems,had to have the windsheild , emergency brake and one of the back seat belt had to be replaced and just a min ago i went to pull down the back seat and the black strap just fell off .also twice the car has lost power when driving(but they cant find out why the car has lost power yet)now i bought a brand new car so i wouldnt have to worry about stuff like this so my ? is how do i get my car lemon lawed( i live in california)i love the magnum rt and wouldnt mind another one its just this car is in the shop way to much. ive heard that it doesnt need to be the same problem 3 times.any help would be great thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 12:04 AM
05slthemi
Default RE: lemon law?

If you have already talked to your service advisor, (also service manager), then the next step would be to write DCX. In your owners manual there should be a small book that relates to this situation. It might also be at the end of the warranty book. It will have a number to call. Have the last 8 digits of your VIN ready with your name and list of all problems. Hope things work out for you. I had a lemon Dakota and it took 6 months to get resolved. It all worked out in the end but only with a lawyer. Didn't have to pay for it per Wisconsin law!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:25 AM
bababooey

yeah ive been taking it in for everything(transmission,seatbelt,windsheild,backse at wouldnt fold down,lose of power to the whole car twice,emergency brake light kept coming on for no reason)so the car had been in the shop more the 15 day at least.ive talked to a lawyer and its free for me he said that he gets paid from dodge.anyway i love the magnum and would love another one i just dont like the fact that i bought a new car and have to deal wiht this.thanks for the reply

Old 06-30-2006, 08:11 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Bababooey,
California Lemon Law requires that your car be in for service for a Non-Drivable condition for at least 30 days. Or in for service for the Same Item more than 4 times... So the Back Seat and Emergency Brake light would not apply. I had my Magnum in the shop for 45 days of the first three months I had mine... 2005 is the first year for this model, and I bought mine despite being told not to buy a first year, only because of the bugs. ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM LAWYERS... (anything he is getting paid from Dodge is money that should have gone to you anyways...) Dodge is providing you with a rental, right? I had like 15 different Rental Cars in early 2005... Not that the Magnum in the shop didn't REALLY suck, because it did, but things will get better. I was to the point the Dealer told me, "OK, this is the last thing to try, and if this doesn't fix it, I can do nothing else for you but to buy the car back." Also, even if you Lemon Law it, you are still responsible for paying for the miles you have put on the car. Mine happened at like 900 miles, so it would have only cost me like $1,000 or so to Lemon Law it, but I decided to give Dodge a chance... Let service pull their hair out with your car, ask the Service Manager to give you an upgraded Extended Warranty for free (they offered, but I paid for it when I bought the car) Once your car has been in the shop for more than 30 days, ask the Dealer to pay for a car payment as well. Again, be leary of your lawyer, unless you're sleeping with her! Know the law before you contact a lawyer, because I am sure Dodge has many more and much better Lawyers on their payroll to keep issues like this from ending their company. Good Luck with your car!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:19 PM
05slthemi

Unless CA law is different, you only pay for miles IF they buy the car back, not if they replace it. I had an 04 Dakota sxt that they eventually replaced with a 06 Charger sxt. No complaints here. And not one red cent out of my pocket. DCX will try to screw you around no matter what. It is there money being spent. The fact that you said dont get a lawyer tells me your a DaimlerChrysler employee, (could be wrong, sorry if I am). I hate lawyers, but there are certain situations that almost require them. By the way, you REALLY dont trust a lawyer if you doin him/her lol.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:22 PM
bababooey

he fact that you said dont get a lawyer tells me your a DaimlerChrysler employee
thats what i was thinking.and if i have to pay for the miles that i use then can i have them pay me for the time i didnt have my car

Quick Reply: lemon law?