Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Seen Better Days

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
rebonn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seen Better Days

Hi all,
I had just began driving home in my new Magnesium 06 Magnum R/T and noticed "when braking", a pretty bad rumble, shaking etc...
Turned around and went back.
Up on the lift they found rust in the rear brakes. They didn't even mess with the front saying it would shake a lot more if it were the front brakes.
They cleaned them up and turned the rotors.
It was about 40% better. Still rumbles and the steering wheel shakes when braking.
They said they would order 4 new rotors and pads.
Drove home and opened the hood. Certain parts of the engine has rust and oxidation.
Handfulls of leaves were in the corners by the windshield.
Lots of dirt under the rear hatch.

I guess the car sat a long time in a dirt lot under a tree during the rainy season.

Hopefully all can be taken care of. At least it has the new car smell.

One mechanical concern though, There's a pretty big lag in throttle response.
Just sitting in park and stepping on the gas pedal and releasing it quickly, the engine doesn't rev up untill my foot is off the pedal.
It's the same in gear when driving.

The day could have been better.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
MagnumForce
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seen Better Days

I bought a 05 leftover right before memorial day weekend..The dealer had cleaned it up, but I know it sat in delaware for a while..But i got a great deal (new RT sunroof, stereo upgrade, some other options, 25K$) basically the drive off the lot depreciation..there was some surface rust on some of the suspension components. I plan to hit these areas with rust converter

Quick Reply: Seen Better Days