Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Question about paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:52 AM
bossman284
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about paint

I recently bought a heel guard (I have a heavy foot and go through floor mats in a hurry) for my 05 Magnum. When I bought it I thought I would like the contrast of the silver plate on my black floor...I do not! So now I want to paint the plate black, and am looking for suggestions about what to use. I want to paint it black (either flat or semi gloss) but it needs to be durable since it's going to see a lot of traffic. I suppose it also need to be somewhat "anti-slip". Any suggestion? Open to the do it yourself advise or what I should be telling my paint guy at the local body shop.

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Old 07-07-2006, 02:12 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about paint

I think ANY paint is going to rub off in a short amount of time with your heel bouncing/rubbing on it.

I would go to a autosupply store, like NAPA or PepBoys and get a sheet of adhesive "gripper paper" .... like the stuff on some running boards, or step ladders....... Trim the sheet to the size of your plate and stick 'er on.

Quick Reply: Question about paint