Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

lowering...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
blk2k6gun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering...HELP

Just picked up my 2006 Magnum tonight. It's a Black SXT with the R/T wheels. I traded in a 2001 Corvette for the Magnum. I'm never turning back! The Vette, although it looked great, just wasn't there in terms of quality. Anyway, back to my original inquiry. I want to lower the car, but I just wanted some input from you Magnum "veterans". It doens't have any special tow package or anything. It just has the standard suspension/shock package. How difficult is it and does it need an alignment afterwards? Also, do you guys have any ground clearance issues? Please give me all of the help y'all can lend. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 AM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: lowering...HELP

Hey, Howz it? Congrads on your trade in. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, as I am with mine.

I had mine lowered about 1.5 inches with the Eibach Prokit series springs. Alot of others have gone with Eibach as well. You will need an alignment afterwards. I was told you should always re-align after having it lowered. I ordered the springs from a local authorized Eibach dealer and had the local Dodge service department put them in. The total cost was somewhere around $850.

As far as ground clearance issues... I do have to slow down some on standard height speed bumps and driveway entrances. On the really high or extreme speed bumps and driveways I pretty much slow down to a crawl (especially with cargo or full passenger load). I also have mud flaps on mine and the front ones are the lowest point of contact on my RT.

Eibach also makes a Sportline series spring that is more extreme which I would imagine requires much more care and consideration around bumps and such.

Here is the link to the Eibach site.
http://www.eibach.com/cgi-bin/start....ach/index.html

[IMG]local://upfiles/20755/842BF7C6BCD0495B80319846C6BE7718.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2006, 11:04 PM
DannyC

I used the same kit but it cost me a lot less. I bought the Eibach Pro Kit online for less than $300. I put the front on only and it took about 3hrs. The thing is I am a pretty good mechanic but never messed with strutts before. It took me 2 hrs to do the first side and only about 35 minutes for the second. You will need a spring compressor to compress the stock springs to remove them from the strutt.

If you are planning on doing it yourself I can send you some instructions for the front anyway. I think the back may be a little easier. There is an extra linkage on the bottom of the front strutts.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 AM
LOWEREDMAGNUMSE

Its best to attack all driveways at angles never head on .....for me anyway....

Old 09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Magmania
Veteran

Here is the breakdown on the $850. I only paid $265 for the springs and the rest of the cost went to the installation labor for all 4 springs.