Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum R/T Performance Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 02:49 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum R/T Performance Module

I just spoke with the folks at Jet Performance Products. A performance programmer is currently in the final phases of production and will be available fopr the '05 Magnum R/T by late July or early August. No word on price yet but I was told it would be comparable to the current Hemi truck pricing which is $309 for Stage I and $319 for Stage II.

The version for the 5.7L Hemi powered trucks is already available. They have a dyno posted showing roughly a 20hp gain at the wheels on the truck version ('03 Ram 5.7L Auto).

You can see the dyno for the truck version by clicking the link on the following page:

http://www.jetchip.com/whatsnew.htm

Nick

Old 07-28-2004, 04:05 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Default RE: Magnum R/T Performance Module

Just to update those who are interested, I received an e-mail from Jet Performance today that stated they were still working on the programmer for the Magnum and now expect to have it in production and available by late November.

Nick

Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

I can't wait to see what it will do for us.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 PM
fullauto

November!?!?! Darn, I was hoping to get something sooner. Argh, it's going to be a painful first year waiting for hop-up parts.

Thanks for the constant updates!!!

Tim

Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

I should include the fact that the word "hopefully" was used in the e-mail as well! It would make a great holiday gift though...

Nick

Old 07-28-2004, 07:54 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

That is the reason people sometimes wait until the second or third year of production so they don't have to deal with the "right hand pull" problems and they get the best of the aftermarket products.

I just fell in love with this car and could not wait to get one. I am planning to have it paid off in about two years so I can get the Charger. Love the Hemi!

Old 07-28-2004, 11:20 PM
phantom505
Professional

I bet you can get a great jump on performance by going to 93 octane, lean the WOT, and advance some timing. However, I'm going to guess the displacement on demand is going to add some hinderence to working on the computer.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:28 AM
speedyguy

The hp gains are not actual hp gains so much as they are optimizing of the car to create a faster car. The reverse calibration of the new 1/4 mile run on a dyno to create a new HP number and then subtracting the stock run does not actual mean you have more HP. It just sells better to give numbers. that said some engine management systems now do handicap hp and then releasing the engine is a little closer to actually adding hp. still i feel releasing hp is more of a truth.

There will be many incarnations and then there will be a few "good" programmers who will properly disassemble the computer and offer you any format you want or need for your real power adders.

Even a cam, headwork, headers, and a "real" high flow cold air intake would really do a great job.

Quick Reply: Magnum R/T Performance Module