Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum Rules!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 02:19 PM
earthdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnum Rules! - 264HP???????

How is the 264HP possible if you ran it on the Dyno?
The 250HP is at the rear crank.
An equivalant amount of rear wheel HP to 250 would be about 175-190HP, depending on the losses through the powertrain.
If you had 264 rear wheel HP, then you must not have the V6, you must have the HEMI, because 264 rear wheel HP equates to about 340 HP at the crank.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

negative on the Hemi - running the 3.5 V-6 with reworked intake, throttle body, and a few other little tricks we won't go into here. We are starting to work on a turbo for the Magnum now. Will let you know how it progresses.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:58 AM
fullauto

I want a turbo setup for mine. I can't wait until some serious mods for the HEMI hit the street. C'mon Borla, get that exhaust done already! The first practical and reliable turbo or blower that hits the streets, I will have one.

I love this car.

Tim

Old 07-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Hemi RT
Professional
Default RE: Magnum Rules!

Where did you get the windows done? YOu know what brand they used and did they match up close to the factory tint?

Old 07-19-2004, 06:47 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Solar Guard tint made by Bekeart Industries installed by Houston Auto Trim.

http://www.arcat.com/arcatcos/cos41/arc41218.cfm

Solar Gard® By rejecting up to 82 percent of the sun's total solar energy, Solar Gard window films for commercial applications help reduce energy bills and chiller run time. Additionally, comfort levels will be significantly improved with the reduction of uncomfortable hot spots and annoying glare.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:25 AM
njmac

ORIGINAL: sikpuppy

I don't have the need for speed in this ride, just looks and comfort.
ORIGINAL: sikpuppy

negative on the Hemi - running the 3.5 V-6 with reworked intake, throttle body, and a few other little tricks we won't go into here. We are starting to work on a turbo for the Magnum now. Will let you know how it progresses.
Which is it? No need for speed or reworking the intake and adding a turbo????? I'm confused.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:18 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

What can I say - I changed my mind. It is just too much fun to experiment with this car. We are going to start looking in to a suspension mod next, maybe lower it about 1" and see what happens. Here's what it looks like now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5539/FD9751EDED1448A1A4B6C67EAE67C85C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 AM
BlackRT

Whats with the back window? Learning photoshop?

And just to keep the board interesting I'll post my comments. I dont like the mods you did. Especially the wheels. A step down in the clean lines that I like about the Magnum. True, I dont really like the SXT wheels compared to the RT, but I'll take the stock over those aftermarket jobs anyday. Just one man's opinion. Keep posting the pics tho, I'm enjoying the updates.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Redhouse
Rookie

Sikpuppy, The interior looks great, but the rims and closing out the back window, it went from looking cool to looking like something from pimp my ride. 2 each his own I guess.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:14 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Photoshop - not that crap again! I thought we had all outgrown that sort of baloney. Anyway, reasons for madness, and like you said, to each his own. Pesonally, I like the wheels and most people do but................ To me, the factory wheels look more like wagon wheels than anything, very BORING on such an impressive vehicle. Once again, to each his own. No matter what, ANY Magnum looks great unless you go WAY overboard (22's, flared fenders, neon lights, pimp, pimp, pimp and awayeeeee we go|!!) which, as far as the outside mods go, I am like a good steak, DONE!!! By the way, the next time I see my buddy with his new Chrysler 300C, I'll get some pics to post of his awesome stereo and video install a local shop did. Really nice.

LATER!!

Quick Reply: Magnum Rules!