Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Stupid ESP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stupid ESP!!

its there for a reason.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:32 AM
FamilyWagon

i know why its there, but i want to be tho one to controll the car, ive never had it befor, and never had any difficulty in a new england winter. i prefer a little throttle steer, wet, dry or snowy, i like to be the boss, not a computer.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Dakota_24

First of all this is a heavy car; no matter how difficult the roads are, and how you THINK you may know them; you may have some problems without ESP! I know how you want to be Mr. Hot Rod and you want to try to show off; since you have "RWD", but going without ESP; especially in RWD.. may cost ya!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 PM
FamilyWagon

thank you for your concern, but i know my limits. I've driven may, amny miles in the nastiest of weather. but i want to be able to have my fun with my car. ive pulled off some hairy stunts and recoverd from many other peoples poor decisions. whe i press mr squiglly, i want him off, not, ok, let me give u a little more to play with. i bought it, i want it all.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:26 AM
mack7265

I agree with familyWagon. I bought it, I want to be able to play a little, It's obvious the liberals of the world are wanting to mandate our driving pleasure also. And for the insurance plug..somebody needs to do there homework before spouting off such inconsistancies.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Dakota_24

They dont place those safety feature's so you cant play. ESP is mainly installed for grip for weather reasons. For sure you'd bitch if you didnt have it in an accident during rain or snow. It has nothing to do with LIBERALS (granted I hate them too), but it has to do with playing, and showing off a little too much and causing accidents; which inturn raises EVERYBODY'S rates.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
FamilyWagon

Sorry Mr. Dakota, Im not a punk kid, but I do know how to drive. I was taught the correct way by my father, in empty parking lots. I know how to recover from loose cars, and getting squirrly, and Ive never had an accident in 15 years of driving and goofing off. And only got caught once speeding. Just 'cause you think you know how the car companies build cars for poor drivers, that dont belong in high horsepower cars. Us that can drive, WANT TO!

Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Dakota_24

From the way you've been talking, and your empty profile (mistakes like this wouldnt happen if you'd fill out your PROFILE); who's to know? Oh come on...PLEEEEAASE!?!? I dont believe you for a second that you havent had one accident and only one speeding ticket in 15 yrs! Either your lying about your driving record or your lying about your driving ability. I've been driving for about 14 or 15 yrs; live in Iowa (a state of treaturous winters), and I can tell you if you havent had an accident (even a fender-bender); than you are one of the most talented drivers and need a medal. Oh and by the way; I do know why car companies put such safety features as this in cars...My wife works for one of the biggest insurance companies in the country (Des Moines is the insurance capital of the world), and says that insurance sky-rocketed this year because of the huge number of accidents last year due to weather related incidents. So as I said just because YOU THINK you know how to drive... there is going to be that one time that you think you can handle it and you will LOSE it!

Old 10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

Dakota I have to agree with you on your remarks on this thread. I was young once (driving 32 yrs) and thought I could handle anything that I drove. Until I bought a '72 Chevy SS. I hit a telephone pole because I lost control of the car in a rain storm. I was showing off! I'm glad I didn't hurt anyone. I totaled my car, but finally rebuilt it to it's true glory! I just the other day pulled out into traffic and romped on it (Still got the need for speed) I liked the feeling of the car straighting out the rearend from sliding. I wish I had EPS when I had my Chevelle SS!

Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
FamilyWagon

u are all too funny. but thanks for your opinions, but when i have the cash (extra money is hard to get with a family and 3 kids) i still want to modify my car.

Quick Reply: Stupid ESP!!