Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
cpmgrp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elmotinker19
i us 89 octane gas and average 21-24 mpg with the 3.5lt v-6
good for you, how 'bout staying on-topic

Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
06magz
Unhappy check engine/esp bas light

I own a 06 magnum and both check engine and esp lights come off and on....while on the road esp light would illuminate and start to studder if I push on the gas to faster. I have been taking back and forth to the dodge dealership which they said it was the TCM. We changed the TCM and both lights was on that very same day when I got home. Took the car back multiple times and they still cant find the problem. Any info would help please!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
06magz
Unhappy check engine/esp bas light

I own a 06 magnum and both lights come on and off. It studders when the esp light is on. And we have been taken it to the dealership to get fixed how many times and they still dont know what the problem is. Pls help!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Magnumaniac

As for the connector, I don't know where it is under the hood. I'm technically challenged so I took it to the dealer...

Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
kellygirl
Default esp bas light problem

This looks like a problem that is very common in these cars. I have an 08 charger.

The lights came on last week, I read the manual and tried the turning of the steering wheel trick which did nothing.

I took it to the dealer for $400 they hooked it to the computer and said it need some steering sensor. I picked up the car and by the time I got to the road, the light was back on.

I took it to the dealer today, after waiting all day, they had to call the engineeers.? and spoke to a technician, now I need a $500 steering column adapter? or something like that.

Now I don't know what to do, I am afraid to fix it and it may still come on, It looks like this is a common problem, and btw the part is back ordered I wonder why?

Not too happy with my charger today

Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kellygirl
This looks like a problem that is very common in these cars. I have an 08 charger.

The lights came on last week, I read the manual and tried the turning of the steering wheel trick which did nothing.

I took it to the dealer for $400 they hooked it to the computer and said it need some steering sensor. I picked up the car and by the time I got to the road, the light was back on.

I took it to the dealer today, after waiting all day, they had to call the engineeers.? and spoke to a technician, now I need a $500 steering column adapter? or something like that.

Now I don't know what to do, I am afraid to fix it and it may still come on, It looks like this is a common problem, and btw the part is back ordered I wonder why?

Not too happy with my charger today
Go somewhere else......they don't have a clue what they're doing with that column. Shameful it is.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
kellygirl

I am going somewhere else, btw the name of the part is steering column control module and the price is $580 plus TAX. I am pissed. I called Chrysler Canada as well, because after searching the word ESP/BAS on the computer there is pages and pages of dodge/chrysler results. I asked the dealer if they see this problem, they said they see lots of cars with this light on. So I am sure they will do nothing but a case manager is calling me today.

Driving home from the dealership last nite, the light did not come on, knock on wood, we will see what today brings

kelly

Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

$580!!!! Holy Crap! I will tell you what I run into a lot with those. There is a connector on the bottom of the SCM. That connector has termionals that are gold plated. If you remove/reinstall the SCM a couple time (sometimes one time will do it) it rubs off the plating and the contact is not so good.

There is a right way and a wrong way to disassemble/assemble those columns. Do it wrong and the $hit will hit the fan.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
CardenD

Originally Posted by kellygirl
I am going somewhere else, btw the name of the part is steering column control module and the price is $580 plus TAX. I am pissed. I called Chrysler Canada as well, because after searching the word ESP/BAS on the computer there is pages and pages of dodge/chrysler results. I asked the dealer if they see this problem, they said they see lots of cars with this light on. So I am sure they will do nothing but a case manager is calling me today.

Driving home from the dealership last nite, the light did not come on, knock on wood, we will see what today brings

kelly

kelly,

I'm going through the same issues. The dealer has no clue what the steering column module is. Does anyon ehappen to have the part number available?

-D

Old 10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
kellygirl

Hi there,

Sorry there is no part number on my estimate, it just says

Steering column control module $580. plus tax and of course its backordered.

My light has flashed on 3 times maybe since then so I am not even touching it at this point.

good luck with it

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!