Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

3.5L Mods Collection

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:50 AM
NateDoggMag
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5L Mods Collection

I have been searching high and low for the best combination of mods for the 3.5L Magnum but can't seem to find a single source of information. Lets use this thread to start the most envious collection of mods for the 3.5L. Try to include pictures, price, part numbers, level of difficulty and most importantly - your opinion on performance after the mod.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:36 AM
NateDoggMag
Amateur
Default The Jet Performance Products Chip

Okay, let's face it. Other than stuffing a Hemi between the fenders, there's not much happening with the 3.5L Magnums. For starter mods, I found the Jet 90405, stage 1 chip for about $198 at http://www.performancecenter.com. Jet claims about 10Hp gains with no other mods.

If you want to "live on the edge", you could get the Jet 90405, stage 2 chip for about $205 at http://www.performancecenter.com. Jet claims about 20Hp gains when combined with premium fuel, exhaust and CAI.
Borla BOR140161 cat back (+16hp) - $726
AirRaid CAI EGP350-171 kit (+10hp) - $140 at http://www.performancecenter.com

Total price with an estimated 20-30HP gain = $1072

I personally don't have any of these mods, so please feedback if you do!

Old 10-21-2006, 03:29 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: The Jet Performance Products Chip

I've heard a lot of bad things about "Jet" chips..........this has been a popular topic here. You might want to read some old postings.....

Dusty

Old 11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
yo_marc
Default RE: The Jet Performance Products Chip

Every time I think of modding the 3.5 - these guys come to mind.

Right now, this universal kit is probably the best thing we've got to make serious power in these motors ... short of spraying them.

I know there are a few standalone units to manage fuel ... I'm not sure how timing would be handled.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Magnum 2005
Amateur
Default RE: 3.5L Mods Collection

I have been playing around with some 'cheats' that I thought up about the 3.5. I noticed this last winter that the car would seem to have more power on 'cold days' this is because the sensors for ambient AND intake air temp are sending signals to the PCM that it is cold outside and I need more fuel to run properly "IE. same as a choke does on a carb." so I found that LIEING to the PCM would give me more power even on warm/hot days. To lie to the PCMI put 50k resisters in place of the Ambient temp sensor [its out in front of the radiator on the passenger side kinda hard to get to] and put a 50k resister on the intake manifold temp sensor that is on the the rubber hose that directs the air from the air filter box up to the intake....You put the resistor in the end of the wire leading up to the sensors. What the resisters does is the same thing that the two sensor's do except they are nowLIEING and telling the computer it is 16deg. outside give me more fuel and more power.If you don't LIE toBOTH sensors the computer will seeto much of a difference [about 40-50deg.]this differencebetween the two and willPOP a code P0113. I used the Nology Laptopdyno computer program and my laptop to read LIVE data from the cars PCM. lots of great info.
I have also been playing with a varible resitor system using adjustable pots so that I could make the car think it's HOT outside so that it runs lean and gets better gas milage. This is proving to be hard to adjust when going to the HOT side I.E lower resistance means higher temps. Robert....seaya

Quick Reply: 3.5L Mods Collection