Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

KW/Mopar Coilovers... Caster Camber Plates??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Tim@MBMotorsInc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW/Mopar Coilovers... Caster Camber Plates??

Hey Guys,

This will be my first post... I did search this cause I didnt want to get the "hey search first comments? LOL" and didnt come up with anything. We are doing a custom Dodge Magnum for a customer with a LONG list of mods. One of the mods is the Mopar coilovers. Now... usually when you put such a kit into a car its a good idea to get caster camber plates as well. Giving you some more adjustability with well... caster camber at lower ride heights. Has anyone done this car without caster/camber plates and simply installed the coilovers? How did the allignment turn out at lower ride settings? Does anyone offer caster/camber plates for the Magnum/Charger/300?? This car will be running 22x10.5 and 22x9.5 Asanti wheels custom made to fit over the Grand Torismo big brake upgrades front and rear so we do require the allignment to be spot on.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:34 PM
coolchevy
Default RE: KW/Mopar Coilovers... Caster Camber Plates??

no need for them, you may have a bit more negative camber (around -0.7 to -1 degree) but that is much better for driving with big wheels anyway. I got 20x8x5 with low profile 245/35-20 tires.

I am running a bit less toe in, a bit more caster (not much adjustability anyway) and car handles like a slot car. 0 Camber or worse positive camber is for wheenies [:-]

Old 11-12-2006, 01:26 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

If'n your still looking Camber Kit

2005 - 2007 130. Camber Kit (front) #66030 66035 front right and left control arms 349.00

Kinda funny they didn't list these under the Magnum I searched w/Charger, but they should work.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 AM
juanovm
Rookie

I have a Magnum RT, haviing similar issue with front alighment.
My mechanic siggested Craddle Shift is not a good idea, as the bolts are just regular bolts with metal welded off center which may eventually wear off.

Going with the 66030 and 66035 replacement from spec prod, got each arm for 129.00 (his price) this will allow for full adjustment
That will take care of issue.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:23 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Wow... great deal on the price and the fact they will work on your R/T , that's good to know. Thanks for posting up that info!

[sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: KW/Mopar Coilovers... Caster Camber Plates??