Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
31.25%
no
62.50%
taking it off
6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

how many roof racks

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Angry Pickle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how many roof racks

I like the look of mine...

I traded in my truck on this, and even with it the answer was '<bleep> no'. My truck wasn't a hauling truck, it was 'my' truck.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:26 AM
fullauto

ORIGINAL: Angry Pickle

I like the look of mine...

I traded in my truck on this, and even with it the answer was '<bleep> no'. My truck wasn't a hauling truck, it was 'my' truck.
Here is what I traded for my Magnum. Believe me, I do miss my Jeep as I spent many hours building it. But I still love my Magnum enough to off set the loss of my Jeep.

Tim

Old 07-19-2004, 01:06 AM
CACWBY

It's a Wagon for cryin out loud!!! And Wagons have Racks. Maybe racks aren't "Trendy Lookin" but mine will have Racks, even if I'm not going to be putting a car topper on right away, but who knows someday ... that's why I get a Wagon, to be able to haul stuff, and that's why my Truck has a long bed, and even though it's all tricked out the bed is textured coated and gets used. Maybe some of the ones who don't really want a wagon could get out of line ?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: BLUEMAGNUMRT

Just curious! Can the roof rack be easily removed? Seems like there would be holes!
nope, can't easily remove it, from what I read there are studs sticking up out of the roof when you remove it so you would have to have them cut of and do some painting.

it actualy amazed me that almost every dealer I checked had ordered roof racks on all their black RT's, was finaly able to find a dealer who didin't order roof racks on any of their cars though, the car has enough space in the back, the roof rack just makes it not look quite as good imo.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:11 AM
njmac

ORIGINAL: shiltz
it actualy amazed me that almost every dealer I checked had ordered roof racks on all their black RT's, was finaly able to find a dealer who didin't order roof racks on any of their cars though, the car has enough space in the back, the roof rack just makes it not look quite as good imo.
Just the opposite here. I have seen not one Magnum with a rack.

If you want to have a rack sometimes and not others, you can get a removeable rack as a dealer accessory. For some odd reason it's not on the Dodge.com/magnum site, so go to your dealer and ask to see the Magnum's accessory catalog.

Personally, I have to have a rack, and if I got one of the removeable ones, I'd scratch my car for sure. I loved this car because of its mix of (dare I say) sport and utility. It can haul my kids, it can haul all my stuff, and it can HAUL ***!![sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Jax

We have the rack on ours. The car it too new for Yamika and the like to have certified their products on it yet, so I'll have to go to Mopar for the kayak J-bars. Oh well. More money to Dodge!

I thought it might make a whislte like the "bear claw" style Moper racks I had on the Sebring sedan. Not a peep though. Not even with the sun roof open. Golly tht sun roof is big!

Jax

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/52C9409EDD014F4095928BB3DEE9C962.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2004, 01:41 AM
NorCal

It's really strange about roof racks. None of the Magnums being delivered to any of the dealers around here in June had roof racks. I was faced with making a special order and wait what the dealer thought would be 10 to 14 weeks for a car to come equipped with the rack. I still haven't seen one in person with a rack. I didn't want an add on rack. I think the car is far to cool looking to stick an ugly rack on it and mess up those great lines and I need a secure rack for my surfboards. The salesman suggested that I purchase the car he had and he would order the Roof Rack and Cargo Organizer Group and install it later. I hope he's right cuz some of these posts don't make it sound like it can work.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Jax

I've gotten some Thule racks to work with the factory rack and sports bar. See my other post in "New owner and loving it"

Please be aware that the factory system offers not security what so ever. The cross bars are easily removed by hand in two peple in 30 seconds and one per in 45. Leave you expensive Thule or Yakima racks on there (or even the factory bars) and they are prone to going missing. I remove my cross bars unless the are in use.

Jax

Quick Reply: how many roof racks