Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
yooformula
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

I dont have a Magnum but I do have the same MP3 player in my Hemi Durango and I found that by burning the discs at a slower rate the skipping goes away. I couldnt burn 25 songs to a disc at 10x without skipping but I did pull off an 85 song burn at 2x.

ORIGINAL: blackmagnumrt

Radio (6-disc, MP3): Seems prone to skipping, especially when playing MP3 encoded discs.
Nick

Old 08-20-2004, 01:22 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

I thought that might be the problem. I will re-burn a few and see if that works. Thanks for the input.

Nick

Old 08-20-2004, 11:03 AM
MAGGY

although i have not received my car yet, from my test drives
i didnt like the fact that i could not pop the hatch from inside,
the cargo area windows do not open, and the rear windo does not roll down or open.
I also do not like that HID are not offered.
that alias circle below the lights switch.
the word dodge on the passenger side dash below the vent.
the stock gearing is rather weak.
the MDS, i am not concerned with fuel economy as much, i cant wait until a bypass program is developed. (fingers crossed)
speed limiter

im sure i will have more once my car gets here. but hopefully i can fix all or most of my complaints.

Old 12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
oldgeezer
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 7thS0N

The only thing I don't care for is the headrest - seems to always push my head forward, and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it as far as tilting it back. (Unless I'm an idiot on two counts... I better go check again!)

This same complaint is being posted about the 2005 Mustang. One of the guys on that forum said the new angle on the head restraint is a federally mandated safety requirement. Don't know if he is right or not.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:04 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

My only complaint is that I don't own one, either an SXT or RT...gotta pay off the PT first! Maybe all the kinks will be worked out by that time!

Old 12-05-2004, 10:17 PM
cavu

- car had a shimmy at 40mph +- 5 mph felt more like a side to side motion, like a bad cord -very noticeable on smooth pavement.
the dealer rotated tires and rebalanced one. Now it pulls to the right, which it didn't before and shimmy still there- he didn't even do a test drive just said it was fixed
-took it back, 1 hour drive to dealer- rotated tires again and said all ok. So I took it for a drive, still pulling to right but shimmy almost gone, I notice it but most won't.
- drove right back and told him it was still pulling to right, don't think he believed me, finally convinced them to do a test drive.. How about that he finally agreed it was pulling to the right.
- I keep telling them it didn't pull until they rotated tires.. but talking to a wall does not get answers
-Sent me across the street to the FORD dealer who did a 4 wheel alignment, said he adjusted it as far as it would go and still pulls to right.
-Full day shot and still have problem
-Went to another dealer who suggested we try a new set of tires and rims from another Magnum and see if the problem is still there. Unfortunately he doesn't have any Magnums. He called my selling dealer with this suggestion and suddenly they don't have any rims that will fit!! (Lots of 300's and Magnums in stock) He is trying to get his Chrysler rep to help but not much luck. -This has been going on 2 months now.
-Called Chrysler customer service - they told me to contact the dealer as they are qualified to repair the problem, right. Customer rep finally told me she wasn't technically inclined and really didn't understand what I was telling her..but she made a note in my file and NO there wasn't anyone else I could talk to.

Seems to me there is a tire or rim problem and they are only fixing the symptom with alignment and rotation. What happens when the tires get back to the original location?

-the roof trim was loose near the windshield -new trim ordered and replaced at the FORD dealer, they are very nice and pleasant over there, even invited me to the shop to talk to the mechanic. Gave me a brocheur on the 05 Mustang. Drove one later - awesome!
-paint chip in the hood - dealer said I did it, I didn't, refused to repaint it, probably just as well - but sent me to the FORD body shop who did it with touchup kit - and gave me touchup paint
-back of rear seat, cargo side, is wrinkled, dealer said this was normal - finally agreed to order new fabric -took a month but just arrived.

-The fabric seats are to firm for me. Have not had it on a really long drive to see if the firm seats will come out a winner over 12 hours of sitting but for short hauls anyway I would prefer somthing a little softer. Wife says they are fine.

The Magnum is by far the nicest looking vehicle on the road. In hind sight would I still get a Magnum (or any Chrysler), I doubt it. Would I go back to my selling dealer, never, not even for the first free oil change.

Maybe I will feel better about the car if they ever solve the pulling problem but for now I am not impressed. I have had more aggravation with this car than anything I have ever owned.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:53 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

My first question is, why the Hell is your dealer sending you to a FORD dealership? Do they own BOTH?? Next, your right pull is a know issue with the Mags, depending largely on build date, which the dealer SHOULD be aware of but they sound like a bunch of boneheads that just don't care about being in business, and probably aren't aware of the SBA concerning this. It constitutes realigning the engine cradle, installing an adjustment bolt kit, and then realigning the front end to the NEW specs. Good luck, just wish you were near Houston. My dealership has been good as gold with any and all issues (only one I've had with mine is the pulling to the right). Good luck!!

Old 12-06-2004, 11:45 AM
cavu

ORIGINAL: sikpuppy

My first question is, why the Hell is your dealer sending you to a FORD dealership? Do they own BOTH?? Next, your right pull is a know issue with the Mags, depending largely on build date, which the dealer SHOULD be aware of but they sound like a bunch of boneheads that just don't care about being in business, and probably aren't aware of the SBA concerning this. It constitutes realigning the engine cradle, installing an adjustment bolt kit, and then realigning the front end to the NEW specs. Good luck, just wish you were near Houston. My dealership has been good as gold with any and all issues (only one I've had with mine is the pulling to the right). Good luck!!
Yes they own both dealerships which was news to me until I made some inquiries.
Not sure where you find the build date but it was delivered to the original dealer around August 10. It was a dealer trade.
Thanks to the Forum I was aware of the pulling problem with some Magnums and checked for this on my 50 mile drive home. There was no tendency to pull to the right it tracked perfectly. This problem only occured after they rotated the tires to try and solve the shimmy problem. I still feel the problem is in a tire or rim. The local dealer which unfortunately has little stock is suppose to talk to his DC rep this week to try and get 4 tires and rims which will help isolate where the problem is located.
When they changed the alignment I got the computer printout. According to my local dealer what they did was make the problem worse. Who do you believe.

If there is someone that knows how to read an alignment report I will post it. Can anyone post what the specs are
suppose to be?

Click here alignment printout

Old 12-07-2004, 02:41 AM
magnesmag

I ordered my Magnum RT 02/08/04 and bought it 05/26/04. Since that time I have driven it 5200 miles and it has been at the dealer a total of 2 months time to be repaired. The dealer has worked on the Right Hand Pull 5 times and it still has a slight pull to the right. It has had 4 Recalls. 1. Incorrect Torque on Shoulder Belt Bolts. 2. Wrong Instruction Card Under Hood. 3. Radiator Brackets Breaking. 4. Incorrect Coolant Mixture. Now it is at the dealer for Transmission Fluid Leak. It was taken to the dealer 11/26/04 and the repair parts are on National Backorder and DC tells me the parts will not be shipped untill atleast 12/20/04. I talked to the DC ZONE REP today and he says he has not heard of this problem. He has not been reading the postings that I have. I have reached Lemon Law status with this car here in Tn. and really hate to do this, because I really LOVE my Magnum.

Old 12-07-2004, 02:41 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked your printout, they did align the car to correct for a pull right. If the DCX dealer stated that the alignment performed would make the pull the worse than they have no busniess touching suspension at all.

The right drift is a known issue and on some cars cannot be corrected. It is not nesessarliy a problem with the car but just that due to the design of the suspension this vehicle is very touchy about road crown. We have 3 or 4 out there that the cutomers say pull real bad, they barley drift and not on all roads.

Beleive it or not the manufacter is not obligated to provide a car that will drive itself and since driving with no hands on the wheel is against the law in all states then the car should not have to go straight by itself. I agree that a pull that induces arm fatigue driving down the freeway is a problem, but if you can't put make-up on or eat breakfast while driving I won't feel bad for you.

Sounds like the guys over at Ford store treat you pretty good, see if you can get them to do the work on your car.

Quick Reply: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum