Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Asgard_thor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty

Does Adding a after market exhaust like this http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=274
void your warranty?

Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
RT 2 NV
Veteran
Default RE: warranty

no bolt on item should void warrenty. unless they directly cause the problem and they will have to prove it did. would still get in good with the deal you go to so they will work with you if you have a major problem.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Asgard_thor
Professional

so you could get superchip,exhaust, and CAI? w/o voiding the warranty AWESOME, Ill talk it over with the dealer, before I do anything.....flowmaster will make it sound so good!

Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
65standard
All Star

it all depends on the dealership. once the dealer voids your warrany, good luck getting it back.

i lost my warrany on my trans-am because of a skip shift eliminator kit. the dealer gave me back my car broken. i took my case up with pontiac and lost. once the dealer puts it in their computers that you have a voided warrany, you're done. they don't have to prove it caused the problems. you have to prove that it didn't.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:56 PM
karazuba

Respectfully disagree...

The dealer must prove that any aftermarket part that you used caused the defect, and only then can they void the warranty on specific parts/systems affected.

For instance...you install aftermarket HID lights on a car that didn't have then before. The lights then burn out some of the electrical system. The dealer can void the warranty on the electrical system (if they can prove your new parts caused the problem)...however, the warranty on your car is still in effect for things like rust-through, powertrain, engine, transmission, internal parts, etc.

Best reading is the Magnusson Moss act, which is a federal sets of laws that regulate car warranties.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

To answer the question originally asked--there is no specific answer. It really depends on your dealer. Some care, some don't. Trick is to find one who doesn't...get in good with the service manager, because they are the folks who really make the decision.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 PM
65standard
All Star

pontiac voided my entire warranty except for the tires over a skip shift module for the trans. they didn't have to prove anything and i lost my case against pontiac.

the best thing to do is ask your dealer how they feel about it.

Quick Reply: warranty