Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

HELP!!! AMP BYPASS RADIO INSTALL - MAGNUM 05

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:37 AM
CALHEMI5.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! AMP BYPASS RADIO INSTALL - MAGNUM 05

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. TRY TO INSTALL AFTERMARKET HU. THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY BUT ALOT HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. IVE INSTALED RADIO'S BE FOR BUT NOT ONE LIKE THIS. NEED TO BYPASS THE AMP TO GET SOUND. I LOVE MY MAGNUM BUT DAM THE DO ALL THESE ELECTRICAL THINGS TO MAKE IT HARD FOR US TO TWEEK THEM BUT IM SURE SOMEONE CAN HELP. "CAN BUSS" ? JUST WANT TO INSTALL MY NEW RADIO HELP..................

Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: HELP!!! AMP BYPASS RADIO INSTALL - MAGNUM 05

Unfortunatly that's always an issue with factory amps, they tend to be a pain to bypass, I thought i've seen somewhere a cable that went between the input and output cables going to the amp to bypass it, not positive though, the other options are to manualy connect the appropriate wires between the two connectors or just do what I did and run new speaker wire which is better in the long run anyways as factory speaker wire is junk.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:04 AM
CALHEMI5.7

THATS WHAT I DIDNT WANT TO DO. WELL GUESS I HAVE TO HOPED TO HAVE A EASY FIX BUT NOTHINGS EVER EASY. NOW IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD AMP SINCE IM REWIRE'N EVERYTHING I MIGHT-IS-WELL TOTALLY UP GRADE THE HOLE STERIO. THANKX FOR THE INFO.

BUT IF ANYONE HAS A QUIK FIX PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE LET ME KNOW. I WONT BE DOING ANYTHING TILL SATURDAY.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:39 AM
SemiHemi22

I WAS FACED WITH THE SAME SITUATION, BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION!
CRUTCHFIELD.COM! FIRST, I HAD PREVIOUSLY UPGRADED ALL (6) OF MY SPEAKERS USING
SPEAKER HARNESSES FROM CRUTCHFIELD. THESE SIMPLY PLUG INTO THE EXISTING FACTORY PLUGS & ALLOW YOU TO INSTALL NEW SPEAKERS W/O CUTTING ANY WIRES.
I ALSO FOUND THE AMP-BYPASS WIRING HARNESS AT CRUTCHFIELD FOR $30 BUCKS!
YOU JUST WIRE THE HARNESS WIRES TO THE MATCHING WIRES FROM THE AFTERMARKET RADIO, ONE END PLUGS INTO THE RADIO & THE OTHER END PLUGS INTO THE STOCK AMP, THUS BYPASSING IT! THE HARNESS ALSO COMES WITH A POWER WIRE THAT NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED TO YOUR FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER (THAT TOO WAS EASY).
IT WAS A GREAT SOLUTION FOR ME & IT SOUNDS MUCH BETTER. I PERSONALLY NEEDED SOME BASS THOUGH, SO I ADDED AN AMP & A SUB IN THE REAR (ANOTHER EASY INSTALL & I CAN GIVE DETAILS IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE).

Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM
CALHEMI5.7

SEMI HEMI, THANKX SO MUCH FOR THE INFO THATS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IM GOING TO DO THE SAME. GOING TO ORDER ALL THE STUFF TODAY AND HOPEFULLY INSTALLING SAT. ONE QUESTION THOUGH HOW DO I GET TO THE FACTORY AMP(REMOVE THE BOTTOM DASH PEACE? WHERE THE SCREWS?) IF YA HAVE ANY PICS THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND I WILL BE ADDING A NEW AMP TOO. THANKS AGAIN.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 AM
SemiHemi22

CALHEMI5.7, No problem, I Love this car stuff!! Don't worry, all of the parts remove easily. One of the things I like so much about Crutchfield is that, when you order from them they include an instruction package with some photos & detailed instructions. They show you how to remove whatever is needed. Anyway, most of the panels are held in place by pushtabs so you just pull them off! Underneath are a couple of screws holding a plastic cover in place. You'll see the amp on the left next to the emergency brake.
You won't have any problems!! I'll try to send some photos anyway.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Old 09-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Distractor_Beam
Default Installing a Stereo, USB Ports, and a Backup Camera in a 2005 Dodge Magnum

I used a bypass kit by Metra for mine.

I documented a video on how I installed my stereo from start to finish.

On Youtube it's called:
Installing a Stereo, USB Ports, and a Backup Camera in a 2005 Dodge Magnum.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:56 AM
HIS/HERS MAGNUM

Originally Posted by SemiHemi22
I WAS FACED WITH THE SAME SITUATION, BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION!
CRUTCHFIELD.COM! FIRST, I HAD PREVIOUSLY UPGRADED ALL (6) OF MY SPEAKERS USING
SPEAKER HARNESSES FROM CRUTCHFIELD. THESE SIMPLY PLUG INTO THE EXISTING FACTORY PLUGS & ALLOW YOU TO INSTALL NEW SPEAKERS W/O CUTTING ANY WIRES.
I ALSO FOUND THE AMP-BYPASS WIRING HARNESS AT CRUTCHFIELD FOR $30 BUCKS!
YOU JUST WIRE THE HARNESS WIRES TO THE MATCHING WIRES FROM THE AFTERMARKET RADIO, ONE END PLUGS INTO THE RADIO & THE OTHER END PLUGS INTO THE STOCK AMP, THUS BYPASSING IT! THE HARNESS ALSO COMES WITH A POWER WIRE THAT NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED TO YOUR FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER (THAT TOO WAS EASY).
IT WAS A GREAT SOLUTION FOR ME & IT SOUNDS MUCH BETTER. I PERSONALLY NEEDED SOME BASS THOUGH, SO I ADDED AN AMP & A SUB IN THE REAR (ANOTHER EASY INSTALL & I CAN GIVE DETAILS IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE).

Yeah actually I was reading your responce and when you got to the end offering information on adding a sub and amp? So how does that work cause I have everything installed(aftermarket dual touchscreen head unit and aftermarket subwoofer a jbl with a built in amp to be exact) so I have sound in my speakers but nothing in my subwoofer it turns on but nothing
please get ahold of me greendajen2016@gmail.com

Quick Reply: HELP!!! AMP BYPASS RADIO INSTALL - MAGNUM 05