Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Stereo Wiring Code?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Angry Pickle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Wiring Code?

I just LOVE shops that would rather give you the wrong part than admit they don't have a clue...
So I have this wiring harness for a 2002+ chrysler, that is almost completely wrong for my car. The 12+ and Neg- appear right, but that's it.

What's the little square plug with 3 wires for? Which color wire is the acc+? Which is the illumination?

Any of you that have installed an aftermarket head unit, help would be appreciated. I have a new $400 pioneer 8600 sitting here acting as a paperweight...

Old 08-17-2004, 12:49 AM
brian@briansportal
Default RE: Stereo Wiring Code?

nearest I can tell the radio is exactly the same as the 2004 durango. I will get the wiring diagram from the dealer tomorrow when i pickup my car from service. The wiring diagram is going to be difference depending on which stereo you have though, 6 speaker bostons, nav system, etc. I will see what I can do to help you,

Old 08-21-2004, 07:14 PM
henry
Rookie

The power wire is Grey / Light green. It comes directly from the fuse panel in the rear.
The ground wire is Black / Light Green.

There is no key switched 12 V wire. The radio and amplifier are turned on and off remotely by the ECU via the CAN Bus system.

If you want a switched 12 wire you'll have to get it from a switched accessory plug.

Henry

Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 AM
brian@briansportal

Dash kit and wiring harness info

Here is what you are looking for... or there is an EXACT wiring diagram in the forum here too

Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

does anyone know if it is possible to hook up an Ipod to the stock stereo system?
is there an auxillary input?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:22 PM
henry
Rookie

No there isn't an AUX port.

There are inputs for the Sirius (satellite) Radio but they probably won't work as a normal line level input because the head unit is expecting the sirius radio signal and its associated CAN-Bus telemetry. You can always try, though:

The pins on the head unit input harness are:
B6 - Left +ve
B1 - Right +ve
B2 - Common -ve for L & R

You're better off using an FM modulator (there are wired and wireless versions) for your iPod.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:01 PM
mtvslick

were can u find the stereo plug pin layout for the magnum nav system? the 22 pin one

Old 03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I have just finished an all Alpine system. The link in my signature will take you to my website. Just click on the Alpine button and it has pics of the install.

ORIGINAL: Angry Pickle

What's the little square plug with 3 wires for?
Which color wire is the acc+?
Which is the illumination?
The lil square plug is part of the computer bus thing. It controls ON/OFF and Illumination, plus other stuff as well. I would not use this for anything, fearing it will mess up the computer signals for the rest of the car.

I got an "04 Durango wiring harness and radio install kit. The magnum originally came with a 4 speaker system. I have to live without the auto illumination feature(the radio has a manual control). I tapped off the power outlet/cigarette lighter for the switched 12V. Other than the switched 12V it was a straight forward install. The equipment cost $900 and I fabricated the box and amp rack myself. The stereo shop I got the equipment said they would have charged $750 to fabricate and install the equipement. I think i am in the qrong buisness. The box and amp rack cost me about $40 to make.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 PM
fanaticx

Do you know if the stock 4 speaker CD system has an input for satellite radio in the back? I'm thinking of getting Sirius, but don't want to do the FM modulation thing.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:35 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

There only 3 connections on the back of the stock radio, 1)ant 2)computer buss 3) speaker/power. There is no aux in or any other type of connector. Sorry took so long for me to respond, I was deployed for a week.

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring Code?