Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Weird rumbles when reverse to drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
weitekampt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird rumbles when reverse to drive

Just a quick question. I have had this happen a few times. When I shift from reverse to drive...sometimes I get a rumble from the rear. I think it is the rear anyway. I don't drop shift or stupid stuff like that. I take very good care of my stuff. But every once in a while I get it to happen. Again, very very slow roll backward and then drop into drive.....rumble rumble.

You know, it feels like a limited slip issue. Or at least that is what I would feel in my 3/4 ton truck when my limited slip was "slipping". It had a rumble when going around corners. Now this is going straight, but that is the feeling or "seat of the pants" feel I am experiencing.

Now it could be the trans too. I am not familiar with dodge transmissions especially these. What recalls were needed to be done to the transmissions on these cars? I am reading someting about o-rings. We have a 2006 with 3500 miles on it. Don't know when dodge did the update on the o-rings. Any information on that please?

Again, if anybody has any helpful information on that rumble while putting into drive, I would surely appreciate it!

Todd

Old 02-08-2007, 11:29 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Weird rumbles when reverse to drive

If I'm not fully stopped prior to shifting I get the same rumbling thing.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
weitekampt
Default RE: Weird rumbles when reverse to drive

Thanks for the reply. Guess I am still learning this car. Heck, wife drives it all the time so everything is new to me.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Weird rumbles when reverse to drive