Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Mud flaps. Necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007 | 11:49 PM
fr8hauler
|
Rookie
Default Mud flaps. Necessary?

Just curious if anyone has found that they needed any kind of mud flap on their Magnum to keep the paint from getting chipped or just dirty from road crap.
I saw some on e-bay that I would get painted to match the body color, just didn't know if they were needed or how they would look. They appear to be molded to flow with the body, but I'm not sure if they'd stick out or look silly.

Old 03-05-2007 | 04:22 AM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: Mud flaps. Necessary?

Mud flaps are definately not necessary but I had them installed and they really make a big difference inkeeping the mud splash to a minimum on the lower side of the body. I also like the added look as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20755/B3AAB1DDF1FD49FEAA2D1515D040CD70.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20755/48589D3F6B8B429C8CE76CA0E5C7B2FC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2007 | 01:36 PM
Strykker
Professional

Trucks have mud flaps, Magnums have splash guards...LOL. Color matched I like them. they keep the crap off pretty well.

You can also purchase 3M protective film kits for the areas that attach like window film to the body. I am having my front end done with it before the Spring/Summer driving season starts.

Old 03-05-2007 | 11:17 PM
fr8hauler
|
Rookie

Sorry, force of habit calling 'em mudflaps. I are a profeshunel truk driver!!
Thanks for the pics, they give me a good idea. Are those from dealer or somewhere else?

Old 03-06-2007 | 02:29 AM
Magmania
Veteran

I got them fromthe parts department at my local dealer.
I don't remember the amount that i paid but i do remember that is was surprisingly very reasonable.
I kept them until I finally got my hood and had the paint work done at the same time.

Good Luck...

Old 03-09-2007 | 02:10 PM
Strykker
Professional

You can get a color matched set from http://www.402motoring.com. He matches the colors perfectly. He also offers other very well done services.

Take a look:
Before: Stock

After 402 Treatment:

ORIGINAL: fr8hauler

Sorry, force of habit calling 'em mudflaps. I are a profeshunel truk driver!!
Thanks for the pics, they give me a good idea. Are those from dealer or somewhere else?

Old 06-07-2007 | 07:13 AM
kent_08
Rookie

Nicely done man... Great paint job... Anyway, mud flaps is more commonly referred to as the mud guards or the splash guards... It will effectively keep mud, snow, slush, and other road debris which are usually contained within the wheel well. I got my Mazda mud flap, because of its functionality and cool looks associated to my vehicle.... By the way, planning to have also a paint job... How much would it cost?

Old 06-20-2007 | 11:11 PM
Mag Dad

Here's what I'm really needing to know about these splash guards. Is there any drilling necessary? The last thing I want to do is invite a future rust problem by doing so which is why I've resisted putting them on my RT.

Old 06-21-2007 | 10:54 AM
Strykker
Professional

Three screws per guard, don't have to worry about rust because it attaches to only composite material..

ORIGINAL: Mag Dad

Here's what I'm really needing to know about these splash guards. Is there any drilling necessary? The last thing I want to do is invite a future rust problem by doing so which is why I've resisted putting them on my RT.

Old 06-21-2007 | 02:23 PM
MySRT

If I remember correctly, on the front guards you do have to drill one hole on each side into the fender. I had my Magnum for 2 days when I got my first nick on the rear bumper before the guards were installed. Splash guards do help. On my Inferno Red Magnum I left then Black. On my Torred Magnum I had them color matched and like the look of the color matched better.

Quick Reply: Mud flaps. Necessary?