Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Another NEWBIE with wheels Questions. 20inch Rims PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007 | 11:10 PM
beuboy
Default Another NEWBIE with wheels Questions. 20inch Rims PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi guys, This is my virgin post here, I just sold my Caddilac Eldorado 1997' and moved over from Cadillac forums to here. Youguys are doing a sweet job helping out and I must say every thing seems a whole lot simplier and I am Loving my Dodge Magnum like crazy.
Anyhow, I recently purchased a set of 20inch rims on ebay which I am sure should fit my 2005 Dodge Magnum SE. take a look at it here http://cgi.ebay.ca/20-Rims-Charger-Magnum-300C-Suburban-Yukon-Tahoe-Wheels_W0QQitemZ250094207197QQcategoryZ43960QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The issue is that when I bought my rims i took a look at the Magnums that come with 20inch rims stock and the tire sizes were 245/45/20 So i took it to mind that that was exactly what I was going to put on my 20's
However some guy at costco said that I cannnot just install a 20 inch wheel on my magnum that came with a stock 17inch wheels except I do some modifications like lowering the car, changing my breaks and some other stuff.
I just wanted to confirm if this is true because I definitely did not know of this befor buying the wheels. Is it possible to just buy some 245/45/20 put the wheels on it and mount on my Magnum without having to do all these modifications? i mean it's just 20's not freaking 24's.
My second question is this, I like the "Thin Lip tires on big wheels, what would be a safe size that would look thing and not, I repeat, not significantly reduce the ride comfort of the Magnum. I would just like to know what you recommend from experience or should just stick to a 240 or 245/45/20?
Your suggestions would be welcome.

And oh..if you do suggest soem tires I would really appriciate if you tell me where I can get them for cheap or a good deal. or if possibly you have them for sale.

Anxiously Waiting fro tons of Suggestions.

Old 03-18-2007 | 11:38 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Another NEWBIE with wheels Questions. 20inch Rims PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

those rims look like they will fit just fine. you may need some hub centric rings to help center the rims and put the weight on the hub and not the lug nuts. the 245/45 20 will fit just fine. you don't need to change out the brakes or hubs like the mechanic told you.

Quick Reply: Another NEWBIE with wheels Questions. 20inch Rims PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!