Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum CB/HAM antenna mount for whip

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 07:07 PM
rr_man0
Default Magnum CB/HAM antenna mount for whip

Hi. I have a 2005 Magnum...love the car..just bought new GoodYears for the front, rear to follow. Also replaced BA Sirius with Pioneer XM system.

Now, I want to mount a whip antenna similar to CB, actually for HAM, on the rear. Antenna probably 5-6 feet long. Anyone ever do this or know what bracket & where this will fit? Hard to tell from pictures, and this ain't no hatchback.

Thanks,

Bob

Old 03-27-2007 | 04:30 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Default RE: Magnum CB/HAM antenna mount for whip

Bob,

Are you looking to do a permanent mount or a mag mount. I usually use a mag mount as I do not always have my 2 meter rig intalled. I would think that the other options especially for a 5'-6' antenna would be a roof top mount, great ground plane off the roof, or maybe a side mount. But that would be in the way and not to pretty. I also use a mag mount as I didn't want to drill any extra holes in the body.

James (KC7EGI)

Old 03-28-2007 | 05:11 PM
romeodj
Default RE: Magnum CB/HAM antenna mount for whip

Don't care how you mount it I don't think the Magnum designers planed for something like that it's going to be big time UGLY.

Quick Reply: Magnum CB/HAM antenna mount for whip