Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

I need a Cordoba!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 10:54 AM
hwystar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a Cordoba!!

Yes I am sorry to admit that I have a strange condition that requires the owner ship of a 75-79 Cordoba!! These are not the most loved cars in the world but I am infatuated with them. I have had a few and am now interested in aquiring another. Does anyone know of one for sale that isn`t compleatly rotted out at the back? I live in southern Ontario and would love to find one fairly local. Hwystar

Old 03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
rumblefish360
Default RE: I need a Cordoba!!

Bot rotted in the rear can be tuff. Look to the states in the desert areas. From Az. to Tex. There out there.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See some nice ones here in NC from time to time.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Dodge Dude

I'm near Barrie Ontario,where are you?
I've seen several for sale around here, here is an add I was going to check out, I drove by this guys house and seen the car from the road, looks to be in good condition, not my car, seen this add at least 2 months ago maybe more!

1976 Chrysler Cordoba, nice driver, low miles, good condition, no rust, $2,500, 705-456-1273 Cookstown

This one looks like a driver.
Let us know what your price range is, are you looking for project, driver or show worthy?

Old 03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
hwystar

Thanks Dodge Dude. I am in Orangeville a little over an hour from you. That car is in my price range. I would go as high as $4000.00 for one in good not excellent shape. I am looking for a driver but a fixer upper is good too as long as it isn`t rotten from the rear wheel wells back (which most are). I came across a really nice one about 5 years ago. Sign in the window said for sale. I called the number, asked the guy what he was asking he said 12. So I went to look at it. I made him an offer he laughs at me and says "I am asking $12000.00 not $1200.00". I laughed back and told him that as big a fan of these cars as I am there is no way I would pay that for a Cordoba! One of us was out of line ,maybe him maybe me. Hwystar

Old 03-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Dodge Dude

ORIGINAL: hwystar

I made him an offer he laughs at me and says "I am asking $12000.00 not $1200.00". I laughed back
He he, I've been in that situation myself.

Good news if you are interested in the Cookstown Cordoba, I was in the area today so I drove by, it looks like he still has the car under a cover, still sitting in the same spot I saw it in a couple months ago, obviously he cares about it and is not driving it this winter. I remember it was gold, only saw it from the road so not sure of condition, but did look good from that distance.

I'll keep my eyes open for any others, would you be interested in a 75-77 Charger, 79 300 or 78-79 Magnum since they are so similar?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
hwystar

Thanks again Dodge Dude. Yes I would be very interested in those cars as well. I should have mentioned that before but did`nt think of it till I read your reply. No Mirada based ones though. I am not a fan of those ones. Now if it were a Mirada based Imperial with a T top..................Hwystar

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

hwystar

My first car was a '76 Charger Sport, 360-2barrel, that did me well in service to 176,000 miles before the frame just rusted out from under me. I never see them around, especially a Sport version. Had no idea at the time that it was unique.

Hope you found one!

Quick Reply: I need a Cordoba!!