Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

70's B-body, center console AT, gear selector light

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
73roadrunner
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70's B-body, center console AT, gear selector light

I don't know how many people know this. I'm going to post it to try and save mopar muscle owners from a small headache.

After owning my 73 RR for 11 years - the fact that the gear selector on the center console does not light up finally started to bug me. I decieded to take it apart yesterday so I chocked the tires, took out the center console, put the car in nuetral and took off the gear selector "plate". At first I was happy to see that there was no light bulb so I fiqured "easy" fix. I ran down to PepBoys and got the bulb for the selector and rushed home to finish my "easy" job. Well I pluged the bulb in pulled the lights on and It didn't light!!!

After tearing up the rug to follow the wire and then the glove box and then into the dash....... well long story short after 1.5hrs I got fustrated and placed the bulb in the socket then put it in the selector box and layed it on the shifter......BINGO light went on.

The selector plate had to ground itself to the car! [:@]

Well I hope this helps someone else....I can look back and laugh now it works and it's in color

Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 AM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 70's B-body, center console AT, gear selector light

Metal socket with only 1 wire, huh?? [sm=smiley36.gif]

Quick Reply: 70's B-body, center console AT, gear selector light