Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Turbo Neon project

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo Neon project

ORIGINAL: xtreme1_419

also, does a srt-4 fuel rail fit a 95?????
Probably not with out a lot of work. Your better off just buying an aftermarket one that is designed for your motor.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
racingworks

ML-003B Back in stock for 420a Dohc Engines.

http://www.racingworks.com/missinglink.htm

Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Wow, talk about digging up an old post...

Couple of questions for you then (and some clarifications...).

- Neons don't have the 420A. While we share the same block, the MAP isn't mounted to the block, it's mounted to the intake manifold. Neither the ECB (Neon SOHC) nor the ECC (Neon DOHC) share the 420A manifold. It's quite impossible. Do you know why?
- What makes the DOHC MAP different than the SOHC MAP? I know the answer, I'd like to know if you do. Curious why your site only lists it for the 95-05 DOHC Neon, even though the DOHC was discontinued for the 2000 model year...
- Since all but the '95 SOHC's have a combined MAP/IAT sensor, is this unit going to fit and work the same for both? I know this one too...

The missing link is a great part of any DIY turbo setup, but it isn't the only option, and you certainly aren't the only retailer. I think Neon owners would feel a little more confident buying from someone who actually knew a couple of things about the car, in case questions came up that a vendor should be able to provide support for.

Best of luck!

Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
racingworks

Yes
Outdated, You are right.
Yes

Salutes your Neon Enthusiam! I do know a couple things about the car, but don't claim to be a Neon God.

Racing Works is an authorized distributor for Synapse. This item backorders all the time and is now on the shelf, ready to ship. http://www.synapseengineering.com/ar...tributors.html

Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Cool enough!

The sensors are the same for both versions of the engine (and the Magnum, for that matter). But the '95 sensors are different. It will work on all years, including the weird '95, but the '95 PCM doesn't seem to mind positive pressure, for whatever reason (so this piece isn't really needed)... Also keep in mind that most non-'95 folks will purchase the seperate '95 IAT and MAP sensors and wire them in (most 1st gen intake manifolds have the IAT hole plugged, 2nd gens would have to drill the hole) when using the missing link. The '96-up combined sensor needs to be trimmed to fit in the missing link hole (at least all that I've seen). For those that don't know what the missing link is... it's a check valve. It's a mechanical means of preventing the MAP from seeing a positive pressure. The most common alternative would be a voltage clamp, which prevents the MAP from signaling a positive pressure electronically. Both work fine, although the voltage clamp has fewer moving parts... and costs maybe $2... Personal preference, really.

Quick Reply: Turbo Neon project