Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:26 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Question

I have a Pacesetter header and exhaust on my 2000 Neon ES among with some other mods. I feel when my car is cold (around the time I just start to drive it) it has more power. When I push my car, of course it will get hotter; but I feel like I don't have as much power as I start with. I think it is because the black Pacesetter header isn't the best material. It doesn't trap heat that well, therefore it makes the engine compartment hot and I loose power. Is that correct? Do you think the Armor Coated Pacesetter header is better and will trap heat more.

I just got the header and I am really thinking of getting a new header because it chips and looks old already. Do you all think the Borla header is a noticable increase than the Pacesetter? Should I save up for that or just leave it?[&:]

Old 10-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Cr@zy Squ33
Default RE: Header Question

Running good when it's cold as opposed to running worse when it's hot has nothing to do with the header. Sorry.

The reason why it's stronger in the mornings or when you first start to drive is because the air is cold, meaning there is more oxygen in it. Which in turn is better for the engine. But as time progresses, the sun comes up or the longer you drive the hotter the air becomes and the less oxygen your engine is getting.

No matter what header you get it's still going to do that.

I personally say leave it.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Default RE: Header Question

ORIGINAL: Crazy Squee

Running good when it's cold as opposed to running worse when it's hot has nothing to do with the header. Sorry.

The reason why it's stronger in the mornings or when you first start to drive is because the air is cold, meaning there is more oxygen in it. Which in turn is better for the engine. But as time progresses, the sun comes up or the longer you drive the hotter the air becomes and the less oxygen your engine is getting.

No matter what header you get it's still going to do that.

I personally say leave it.
I would have to agree.

Quick Reply: Header Question