Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Dodge Buying Back Neons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:05 AM
MINIHEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Buying Back Neons?

Agreed, not really a big mistake by dodge, but a mistake non the less...damn near perfect

Old 07-21-2007, 08:34 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

well, perhaps in a few years we will see the return of perhaps a 3rd gen neon (or something VERY similar - not the caliber)

Old 07-21-2007, 05:47 PM
lblackneon
Champion

How are the sales on the Caliber?

Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Somethingdirty
Professional

They can't be that good.

Ironically, I see about 5x as manySECOND GENNeons than Calibers in my city alone.

Granted new Neons are dirt cheap right now.. but you know.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Somethingdirty

They can't be that good.

Ironically, I see about 5x as manySECOND GENNeons than Calibers in my city alone.

Granted new Neons are dirt cheap right now.. but you know.
You cant really compare the number of 2nd Gen Neons on the road to Calibers on the road since the 2nd Gen was produced for 6 years, and the Caliber has only been in production for 2-3. But I agree...I dont see the Caliber in its current form being around for "much" longer...there has to be a true Neon replacement in the works IMO.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I bought a 97, brand new, 5 spd, a/c, c/c. Nothing else on it. I put 15 inch wheels on it. It was the best quality car I've ever owned. After having the family grow, I bought a a couple mini SUV's. My wife and I agreed we'd buy another Neon (03 SE Auto, Tilt, CD, A/C etc). It is the WORST car I have ever owned. They screwed up what was great about the 1st gen and managed to make a small car feel like a 71 Olds. If they come out with another Neon, I won't even look once if it's the same bloated, ill handling
sled I am stuck with now. I have been looking for a low mileage 1st gen to wash this 2003 bad taste out of my mouth. (did I mention the cut out / stall problem no dealer can find?).

Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Oh yeah because 1st Gens are flawless and dont have any histroy of problems at all . Someone needs to get off the high horse...

Old 07-24-2007, 07:49 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Oh yeah because 1st Gens are flawless and dont have any histroy of problems at all . Someone needs to get off the high horse...
[flaming mounts his horse]
well, ALL neons were the best cars ever made. although I never owned a 1st gen I heard that the early ones had their share of problems, but what new model dosent. as for the 2nd gens, best cars ever manufatured. period. ohh, did i mention that my neons are better than all of yours simplybecause I own them?

[/sarcasm]

Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I can't and wouldn't speak to the quality others experienced with the first generation Neon. I am saying that the quality of my 97 (mechanically and performance) was far superior to this 2003. I am a Dodge/Chrysler guy. I have owned a 81 New Yorker 5th Ave,84 Plymouth Horizon,87 LeBaron GTS, a 90 Dodge Shadow a 97 Neon, a 98 Ram 1500and now a 2003 Neon. I put up with all the "car guys" stupid "Chrysler makes crappy cars" comments and continued to buy them because they were excellent cars. I am saddened that after the K-Car years and the supposed problems (which I NEVER had), such a beautiful car, inside and out, could be so disappointing. Not on a high horse, just a really disappointing horse.
p.s. Mine is the exact same as the red oneon the banner at the top, but with really dark window tint.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

other than everyone saying that their year is better than the other's...my buddy's friend had a 97 sport then got an srt4 and said the sport handled a lot better than the srt4

i have no idea why but that was his opinion

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST!

i actually kelly blue booked my car a few months ago and it showed that my car was worth 600-800
i did it again tonight just to see if i remembered correctly and now it shows up as 900 FOR POOR
my neon has 240000 miles on it, 1 dent and the paint fading
everything mechanical has been running perfectly fine (other than my water pump blowing up)

i think that our cars are raising in value because of this "gas crisis"
we might as well take advantage of it now!

Quick Reply: Dodge Buying Back Neons?