Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Snow tires really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:01 AM
LowSlowNeon
|
Grand Champion
Default RE: Snow tires really worth it?

Don't worry squee...winter will dig in here soon then I'll be bitching about snow. You live in the mountains, no (colorado?)? I actually like the snow most the time...but I don't always like driving in it.

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:03 AM
casper
Legend

yeah i'm from connecticut, once you make it to the main roads, which for me is about 10 houses down the road the roads are usually all sand and slush unless its snowin real hard.

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:07 AM
Cr@zy Squ33

ORIGINAL: NeonSXT04

Don't worry squee...winter will dig in here soon then I'll be bitching about snow. You live in the mountains, no (colorado?)? I actually like the snow most the time...but I don't always like driving in it.
Not in the mountains no.

I'm in the foothills.

Thats a misconception, when people say Colorado they automatically think Rocky Mountains. Which isn't true. Denver is actually only 5,380' which is why it's called the mile high city. Denver is actually in a valley.

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:10 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I absolutely love driving in the snow.. It's so much fun to do donuts and fishtails which is the only time I ever do it during the year I wish we had lake effect snow more often than the west side of the state!

Karen

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:12 AM
casper
Legend

yeah unfortunatly the only things I can do in my FWD neon is ebrakes in the snow.

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:45 AM
LowSlowNeon
|
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Crazy Squee

Not in the mountains no.

I'm in the foothills.

Thats a misconception, when people say Colorado they automatically think Rocky Mountains. Which isn't true. Denver is actually only 5,380' which is why it's called the mile high city. Denver is actually in a valley.
I realize that Squee...however compared to me, you're in the mountains, even if they are only considered foothills. And casper I hear ya, thats all I used to do in my tracer, I haven't tried with the neon in the snow.

Old 11-02-2004 | 01:13 AM
casper
Legend

FWDs are not that fun in the snow

Old 11-02-2004 | 01:17 AM
LowSlowNeon
|
Grand Champion

I don't mind it...but my friends WRX kicks *** in the snow.

Old 11-02-2004 | 01:59 AM
LilMzRam
Record Breaker

Snow's fun....Except when I got stuck going uphill in about 2 inches of snow ( don't ask me how I managed that one..) and had to be pulled by a FORD! with a V-6 no less!!! My Caprice had a v-8...so embarassing! [:@]

Old 11-02-2004 | 02:59 AM
Cr@zy Squ33

ORIGINAL: Crazy Squee

Not in the mountains no.

I'm in the foothills.

I realize that Squee...however compared to me, you're in the mountains, even if they are only considered foothills. And casper I hear ya, thats all I used to do in my tracer, I haven't tried with the neon in the snow.
This is true.

Quick Reply: Snow tires really worth it?