Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

NY State exhaust laws?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
l33tn3wb3r
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY State exhaust laws?

Anyone know the laws? A statey told me my exhaust was too loud, but the funny part is I was not only in neutral, it had a silencer in it. Am I able to fight something like that, or can someone give me some advice maybe? Thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: NY State exhaust laws?

I am assuming u have a fart can on ur car???? if so, there will be no fighting it, strickly becasue it is an "aftermarket or altered" exhaust system, if it was something that looked stock then i would say u have a chance, the law accually states that there should be NO aftermarket exhaust stystems..... hope i helped

Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
l33tn3wb3r
Rookie

No it's a full exhaust all the way from the chrome header, magnaflow cat, and 2 1/2 inch tsudo, my problem is the fact I have to figure out how to get my stock back on with no tools at my disposal :/ a buddy said he got away with the ticket by putting steel wool in the can to muffle the sound?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
dtjackten

or u could take it and have them mount at a two bolt flange... then u could unbolt it and bolt on the old muffler if u had a problem with it....

just take a universal exahust flange u can find at any autoparts store, and weld it to the pipe... then u can bolt it and unbolt it quick and easy good luck

Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
l33tn3wb3r
Rookie

i feel stupid for not even thinking of that, thanks.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
dtjackten

lol. not a problem, some things that are so simple some times r the hardest to come up with...... expecially when dealing with the POLICE!!!!! lol good luck....

Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Flash_Gordon2392
Rookie

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

or u could take it and have them mount at a two bolt flange... then u could unbolt it and bolt on the old muffler if u had a problem with it....

just take a universal exahust flange u can find at any autoparts store, and weld it to the pipe... then u can bolt it and unbolt it quick and easy good luck
What's dtjsckten,Ialso have a fart can(by dnx)on my2004 neon sxt,butI really like to change the headers and also add dual mufflars fart cans.What do you think?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:25 AM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

btw NY state is hard on alot of cars with exhaust's wither its just a fart can or full exhaust depending on the cop they CAN n WILL pull you over mainly because they can run an emissions check on ur car and if it fails which a 95% chance it will with any exhaust mod the ticket will stick...gay i kno i got pulled over before going from PA into NY but they couldn't stick me with a ticket cause its legal in the county my cars registered in lol

Quick Reply: NY State exhaust laws?