Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

new member here

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 03:34 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new member here

hey all, just wanted to make my intro post, even tho ive already posted a few times now :lol:

anyways, i have a 1998 Dodge neon r/t.. and its pretty far from stock now.
modlist: crane 18s, ported and polished head, custom box-style intake manifold, mpx 60mm tb, pt valvetrain, aem adjustable cam gears, phatridz long tube header, random tech bullet cat, mpx udp, afx race ecu, apexi safc2, dynomax 2.5" exhaust piping (whats left of it) with the last 90 degree bend cut off and an obx dual-bazooka muffler coming out the drivers side, afx solid front motor mount, deyeme "firm" filled side mounts, booger solid bobble strut, booger shift bushings.. and i believe thats it for the motor.
for the rest of the car: diamond clear headlights and front turns, falken azenis sports on the stock r/t wheels, and the energy suspension bushing kit.

it was previously tuned (before the box mani, 60mm tb, and safc2.. had the safc1 in there) and put down 165.5whp@7200rpm
im hoping to hit 180whp in it.. which shouldnt be too hard with the addition of the box style manifold and some better fuel and cam tuning (my cam tuning isnt right, the powerband is pushed too low)

Old 04-01-2005, 03:39 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new member here

Sounds like a sweet ride. Got pics of it? Ever ran it at the track?

Old 04-01-2005, 03:48 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

yeah, i got some pics of it.. ill have to link to em in a bit.. heres one for now:

yup, have run it at the track many many times sadly, the best time ive gotten out of it was a 14.702@93mph..(this was before the box-style manifold and 60mm tb) ... this peon is PLAGUED with a wheelhop problem on the passenger side.. so its hurting my times quite badly (nobody hasnt been able to get a 2.2 or better 60' in this car yet, which it should be able to get 2.1s or maybe even 2.0s on these tires)

i forgot to mention too.. im an administrator for the website and forums over at www.neonspeed.com (yeah, i know, its in my sig too) as well as am a moderator over on neontuners.com. of course, i also visit neons.org and a few other neon message boards, but neonspeed is my home really.

ah, for the pics.. dont expect much. it looks pretty stock lol.

i also have a 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi (awd, automatic) that i use as my daily driver. no mods other than a k&n air filter.

i also have a custom aluminum battery tray holding a wal-mart tractor battery for the neon, since a stock battery wouldnt leave much room for the intake piping for the box-style manifold.

ive gone through a lot of parts on the neon.. started out stock, and went to a iceman intake, pacesetter header, and pacesetter catback. added an afx street/strip ecu a little after that as well as a 52mm tb.. then swapped the afx street/strip ecu out for a mopar ecu. a bit after that, i upgraded to a 55mm tb.. and then a bit after that, well, i went and put basically my whole current modlist on it :lol:
i bought it with 69,000 miles on it what, 3 years ago now? and now it only has 89,000 on it. i barely get to drive it, mainly because i choose not to drive it so i can keep it emissions exempt (under 5000 miles a year)

Old 04-02-2005, 03:16 PM
redrocc
Professional

good looking r/t........sounds like you are doing the right things to it.........keep up the work and can't wait to see more pics....

Old 04-02-2005, 07:15 PM
casper
Legend

lokin good

Old 04-02-2005, 07:35 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

heres one of the most recent pics of my engine bay.. and yeah, i know, i need to either re-paint the valve cover, or just get it powdercoated. turned out the "primer" i used wasnt meant for use on aluminum, so it almost all of it has flaked off:

that was back at the "Neonspeed: Weekend of Speed" event back in august of 2004. some fun times there, definately.
you can see thats when i was still using the mopar ecu, which just didnt have enough rpm left for my setup, and why i went to the afx race (7800 limit)
the intake piping i have since changed as well, since that piping there is steel, and too short really. the steel piping got SUPER SUPER HOT.. so i now have some aluminum piping that places the filter almost directly under the transmission

Old 04-12-2005, 12:48 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

well. i took off the clear corners and now have the stockers back on. im giving the clears to a friend. im not sure which way i prefer it better now.. with the stockers or the clears. its a close battle. im gonna have to get some pics taken of it with the stockers back on.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I personally am a fan of the clear corners.

Quick Reply: new member here