Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

1998 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:09 AM
kingola
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 problems

whats up every one.new here and was wondering if anybody could help me out?well i got a 1998 dodge neon.the car turns over stay idled a little while than it dies.dont know what could be the problem...dont have alot of money to be buying all kinds of parts....just wanna fix the problem...

Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Twkdout066

There are quite a few things that could do this the older a car is the more likely components are to fail. when you say it idled for a while was it a normal idle or did it run rough? Was it making any noises? Is there plenty of gas in the car? Are you sure the gas gauge works? And what is the maintenance history on it? How many miles? was anything replaced recently?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 PM
2002ACRNEON
Rookie

Originally Posted by kingola
whats up every one.new here and was wondering if anybody could help me out?well i got a 1998 dodge neon.the car turns over stay idled a little while than it dies.dont know what could be the problem...dont have alot of money to be buying all kinds of parts....just wanna fix the problem...

Please provide a more complete description of the event such as:

Hot or cold?
Normal or abnormal sounds?
CEL?
Engine speed stability or not?
etc.

Quick Reply: 1998 problems