Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Neon will not move while in gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 AM
denliu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon will not move while in gear

Hi, I have an '03 Dodge Neon SXT, 65K, auto tranny, no previous problems engine/tranny (tranny flush and fluid change ~2 years ago) noted until today ... while driving @ 20 mph I noticed that the car "bumped" as if some1 rear-ended me. I proceeded to drive at 30 mph while noticing that RPM was revving up to 4 K with speed slowly dropping to 5 mph, after stopping I switched to park then Drive again, and the engine revved up to 2K rpm then car started to accelerate in a rather clumsy way, I was able to get max 15 mph untill rpm started going up again. I switched to reverse and the car did not move, I popped the hood and noticed strange burning smell, no smoke was coming out. Please tell me what to do ( I will check transmission fluid level today), PLEASE HELP! NAturally I want to look into possible causes before shelling out big bux @ mechanic's. I drive my car very sparingly and cautiously; my knowledge in cars is really limited but I will try my best to understand and follow the advice provided. THank you

Quick Reply: Neon will not move while in gear