Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

WOT shift a neon??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:53 PM
morningpride
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOT shift a neon??

I have heard that the SXT is geared for fuel mileage, so it has a low 1st gear.

Just keep it about 35 hundred and slide off the clutch, you should be fine......

Do it all the time w/the wifes 01...

Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 PM
mechengineer201
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOT shift a neon??

I find it is best to shift while keeping you foot slightly on the throttle - of course I use very little clutch in doing this - if you get it right you can shift extremly fast and smooth (almost no buck into the next gear), what I do is pull out of gear while the clutch is still engaged while rolling my foot off the throttle slightly so as to almost hold the engine at high rpm but not bounce it off the rev limiter, and flick the clutch pedal as I am engaging the next gear - this is absolutely horrible for the syncro of the gear i was shifting from because the teeth on the syncro ring are cut to hold it gear and i am basically pulling it out of gear without the clutch disengaged- rolling off the throttle in the right way is almost as good as clutching tho cus because if you get it right you dont have alot of torque flowing through the trans, if you completely let off you get a backwards torque from your engine slowing down and if you dont let off enough the engine is still trying to rev higher - it aint easy ill tell you that, you just get a feel for it kinda like heel and toe downshifting in how much you hit the gas in between shifts and some days your on and some days your not - just be prepared to deal with the consequences when your not.....

Quick Reply: WOT shift a neon??