Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

OUTSIDE MIRROR BRACKETS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:25 PM
mecasonic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUTSIDE MIRROR BRACKETS

Hi all,
I'm French and got a NEON SOHC 2.0 16V 00'. I'm modifying this car as a demo car for my own company. So I'm rying to find on the net some parts like Mirror Brackets fro M3 Mirrors.
Does somebody know wher I could find only the brackets for this car?
Bye the way, do you know a dealer in US who sells KAMINARI Bodykits ?

Thanks.

Regards.

Olivier Nippert

Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 PM
nippondrifterae111
Professional
Default RE: OUTSIDE MIRROR BRACKETS

Well if you buy the ones from ebay they should fit directly where the mirror should go. And the plug in for the electric part should also be direct fit. Im not trying to tell you what to do or nothing, but in my opinion the M3 mirrors don't look that good on neons. I just had mine painted the color of my car so it wasn;t that stupid plastic color and look. As for body kits, andysautosport.com or even better suggestion modernperformance.com. If you had a 03 or above, i would recommend wings west, buddy club 2 or the Kaminari lip kit in my opinion, but for a 00 the kaminari would be your best look.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:39 PM
mecasonic

Hi Nippondriftrae111,
Thanks for your answer.
What style of Mirrors would you recommend to me, I mean the best look for this car?
I've just bought some TYC black front headlights and they are just perfect.
I've tried so many times to send email to Kaminari to get a quote for a Bodykit and shipping to France, but in vain! Still no answer.
I'll see if andy's or else may have this kit.
The turbo front spoiler is absolutely amazing!
By the way, I have a small problem with driving my neon. When I want to accelerate just in small amount the engine runs like a **** and it's the same when I pass down the gears. My mecanics said it must be the cat wich is ringing when we hit it and/or the fuel pressure regulator wich sends not enough gas...
What do you think?

Thanks...

Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 PM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

I looked on ebay and they have f1 style mirrors for a neon, but im not sure how well that would look, it might be okay, but for a suggestion on what i did, because i was going to get the m3 mirrors too, but then when i saw them installed on a neon, i was disgusted on the looks of it, so what i did was paint my stock mirrors the color of my car whih was metallic silver. I wet sanded them till they were smooth, base coated them, checked for imperfections, painted them, then used a couple of caots of clear coat. they look smooth and sleek and look way better then m3 mirrors. As for ur problem it depends on whether ur car is manual or auto sometimes, sometimes it depends on whether ur gets due hot whether and humidity, sometimes ur spark plugs are bad and need to be replaced by NGK iridiums, oil changes with good oil and replaced oil filter, check ur air filter, maybe get a cold air intake for added hp, better gas mileage, if air conditioning is used that takes away hp and gas mileage, reset ur ecu by disconnecting ur negative terminal on ur battery for like 15 minutes and reinstall, get lucas oils fuel injector cleaner cause maybe u have a carbon build up because of driving corrosion over time, it will get rid of all carbon build up and inject way cleaner and improve gas mileage, check all ur fluids and just roll with it and see if any of these help u. How many miles on the car because if it is low or medium amount, there should'nt a cat failure, maybe just needs to be checked and tightened, maybe a loose bolt or loose sensor somewhere. When i got my headers installed and downpipe, i reinstalled my 02 sensor, but it loosened easliy so i had to tighenit useing a wrench and just turn till there was no tomorrow. Aight good luck but remember if you get a body kit, get the kaminari spoiler too because it looks like one from an Mitsubishi lancer evolution 7 and 8, and dont forget to lower ur car 1.8 inches or more depending on what u want, and dont get springs they are not as good as coilovers especially when u get new shocks, and get matching rims, so far 5 spokes look best on neons but u could maybe find something u like, silver lip rims are a plus, peace out lates yo.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:56 PM
mecasonic

Hi!
Thank you very much for all your good advises!

About the mirrors, yes mine has electric mirrors, but I'd like to get some parking lights on them, it's very famous arround here, cause' we're very close to germany with all their BMW, Mercedes etc...
But Think I'll follow your advice and paint stock ones.

Well, My neon has about 35000 miles. We already cleaned with ultrasonic method all the injectors. I've also changed the air filter for an air injection cone filter, checked and changed the spark plugs. One thing is strange cause the exhaust smokes smell like roten egg sometimes, that is probably causing from the cat....
I've just ordered a High flow cat converter from ebay yesterday, so we'll see...
Other possibility, is the fuel pressure regulator, but seems to be directly in the fuel filter, is that right?

What kind of header may I buy, I saw pace setter but don't know that make, and don't want to do some DIY, what do you think?

About reseting ECU, may I have to set the ECU after this operation or deos the ECU automatically set himself ?

About lowering the car: I've tried Weitec (KW aftermarket) springs on stock shocks. But the car is still high!!!
I want to order Kayaba gas shocks but don't know if it'll go better....
What sort of coilovers do you recommend? ANd where to buy them?

Thanks.

CU

Olivier

Old 05-26-2005, 03:05 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

Alright lets see when reseting the ecu all you have to do is disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for 15 minutes or so and reconnect it. You should reset the ecu after installing headers so your computer or ecu can kinda get a feel for the change. As for the exhaust a high flow cat will help, but pacesetter headers i would not recommend because i had them once and didn't like the noise or pefromance out of them. I went and got me obx headers which are great, better perfromance and better sound and it comes witha downpipe, but that downpipe removes the cat completely (it's what im running right now). If you get the obx headers, you can install the high flow cat you ordered and it should bolt on to your headers and connect without a problem. As for painting your mirrors i think it's a good idea and if done right, it looks great (im not a fan of plastic showing on the outside or inside of vehicles, especailly the ugly plastic like the neon mirrors). as for suspension if you can afford it get a full suspension system from mopar or ground control or tein. If you dont want to spend like $900 or more then i suggest arospeed coilvers from ebay with either tokiko illumina shcoks or kyb gr2 shocks, should provide a comfortable ride thats stiff and adjustable, usually coilovers put more pressure on stock strut shocks because the spring on coilovers are shorter, but with aftermarket shocks, you really wont have to worry about the ride quality or blowing your stock strut shcoks.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:26 AM
mecasonic

Hi Nip...,
Thank you very much for your clear advices!
I think I can find OBX Headers at andy's or Modern's... So I'll aske them if they send to France.
Is it difficult to replace headers?

I've just ordered the vomplete Kaminari Body kit and s/s exhaust system...
Very unpatient to get them.

I'll have to make a post on this site to find a steering wheel hub adapter for momo.
Nobody sells this in France, I mean Momo Hubs for Neon...It's a shame.

Do you have a pic of your car?

Thanks.

Oli

Quick Reply: OUTSIDE MIRROR BRACKETS