Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Remake of the Dodge Neon models like SXT

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Stovy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remake of the Dodge Neon models like SXT

Do you guys think dodge will ever remake the classic model of the Neon with newer features and build quality and what not. Maybe a bigger 4cyl motor too boot and with the very least standardize equipment in them . Like the 5 speed etc .Any thoughts ? I did read a while back that I thought dodge was gonna come out with them in 2011 / 2012 .Not sure if any one has found any good reads about this.What are your thoughts ?

Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

If Dodge remakes the Neon, I hope it keeps the body lines of the Neon and maybe add the european suspensions that Fiat is known for along with some other Euro niceties (trim and functions) while keeping the American quietness and solid feelings (as opposed to the tin can effect a lot of small euro cars have) that could make the 3rd gen Neons the best yet!

Larger engines do not mean more power at the wheels. I myself would like to see a Diesel TDI engine, an R/T or ACR engine, a hybrid (yes - gasp - a hybrid, and even a super fuel efficient daily driver engine for those who are not looking to haul a$$, but haul their a$$ to work and/or school, whatever. The trim level(s) would be appropriately styled to match the designed purpose of the car.

A real corker would be to see if Dodge would bring out and use the 2 cycle engine program (developed in concert with OMC/Evinrude I believe) that produced a real efficient engine (horsepower to weight ratio was awesome!) used for years in outboard engines but never brought to the street! Lets see if Dodge and Fiat can really create something new that really cooks - like the Neon did way back in 1995 when it came out!

Do that, and I'll surely buy one!

Last edited by bg1995redneon; 11-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Stovy

bg1995redneon,
You have a good point and thanks for posting.I don't like the idea of a hybrid engine my self. Its a dang motor and keep in one way or another don't mix it the two together . May now work so well for us gear heads who no how to do our own maintenance etc. I do like the idea of a TDI model like VW has. But I think it has have the standard 5 speed to make it work out great too. Make the body a little more sporty and sell it for around 12 or 14 K for brand new.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
BroodRed
Professional

Here is someone's idea of what it should look like:
http://emunem.deviantart.com/art/Dod...cept-118417126

Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Stovy

Originally Posted by BroodRed
Here is someone's idea of what it should look like:
http://emunem.deviantart.com/art/Dod...cept-118417126
Ha that is well done job there. I would dig it . Would love to see what the in terrier would look like . If they decide to bring the Neon depending on what motor and transmission was it in .I would probably buy it . Any one else hear any other news ?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Oh that just looks like the new venge and somewhat the new lancers. Nothing like the neon whatsoever. I would like to see something in more of the neon layout and different than all sedans out now a days.

Last edited by showsxt; 11-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
BroodRed
Professional

It's actually a rendered FIAT Linea, because of the FIAT buyout and all.

Quick Reply: Remake of the Dodge Neon models like SXT