Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Ol' School Neon... Fixed for the Road.. Now I need Answers..

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 PM
ericsparkx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ol' School Neon... Fixed for the Road.. Now I need Answers..

Forum..
Gottta '96 16V DOHC 5 Speed... sat in my in-laws garage for a while (wife has a '01 automatic). Finally got it on the road. Got totally hosed for Cert+Emissions (Raceback mainfold+dual catyl-back stainless+ cold air+ light weight flywheel+compression kit) Don't claim to know how to fix all of this, I bought it this way. Now it's on the road w/cert. I did all structural plus exhaust (Welder/Fitter) Need Help.

(1) ABS light will never shut off+ brakes go "Squeak" when I brake (ABS might be a sensor?? Are the pads failing even though they pass Cert.??)

(2) Replaced oil pan and gaskets.. a lot of oil on the valve cover/rocker panel covers.. some serious oil blow back.. just gaskets??? (I know Neons originally covered them for 70k before the re-design, then they did a recall for 100 bucks)

(3) Battery light comes on @ random times. I have a brand new battery, I've tested the battery+alternator, I've sanded the contacts on the battery terminal. this happened 3-4 times (only under load i.e. heavy rain.. defrost+lights+wiper+radio).. now it happened w/light battery load i.e. open windows+beautiful sun.

Any help would be appreciated. Any links to affordable neon parts would also be awesome.

Cheers,
*Eric*

Quick Reply: Ol' School Neon... Fixed for the Road.. Now I need Answers..