Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Need Help '03 Neon SXT

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Moneky_Chunks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help '03 Neon SXT

Hi, I don't know much about cars and currently I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT. It is manual and I consider it my baby.

Recently it has started giving off some foul smells through the air vents. It smells as though something is hot and perhaps burning/melting. My car has not over heated once though.

The smell is also accompanied by a low whining sound that reminds me of a toy car. You know, the kind you pull back and let go.

My oil light has come on while this happens and I checked my oil and it is fine. It was as I was checking my oil that I realized my brake fluid cap is missing. I am in the search for a new one and so far every place I have tried has not had it. I suppose I am going to have to go to the dealership to see if they have it.

Anyways, the whole point of this is that I am at a loss trying to figure out the smell. Any ideas or help would be highly appreciated!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Brake fluid could be splashing onto the exhaust manifold?

Old 09-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Moneky_Chunks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It very well could be. I am just having trouble finding a replacement cap. I am thinking I may have to start calling junk yards. I am a bit nervous that Dodge will charge more many than I have to spend for the cap if they even have it.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

04683656 is the part number for the cap.

Quick Reply: Need Help '03 Neon SXT