Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Neon Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:13 AM
simpsonc9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Neon Sensor Question

When I went to change the oil yesterday on my girlfriend's 2005 Dodge Neon 2.0L I saw the following sensor just hanging down (please see pictures).

Would anyone happen to know what this sensor is for, what it's called, for the air conditioning maybe? The car doesn't show any check engine light so I'm wondering how important it must be.

Also if anyone would have a good tip on how to get the broken end of the sensor out that would be extremely helpful because I can imagine it will be tough to get it out.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Neon Sensor Question-dodge-neon-sensor-1-27may11.jpg   2005 Neon Sensor Question-dodge-neon-sensor-2-27may11.jpg  
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 AM
simpsonc9
Default A/C Pressure Switch

After more research I figured out that the sensor in question must be a pressure switch for the air conditioner.

In order to replace this sensor do you just simply remove the old switch and replace with a new switch or is there more to it than that? Just wondering if removing this sensor will blow refrigerant out when you remove it or what the story is with replacing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 PM
leprechaun1874
Professional

Does your ac work now? If not then you will not get any freon out of that port. It is kind of a pain to remove if there are any broken parts in the hole. I used a dental pick and flat screwdriver to get the broken parts out.

Quick Reply: 2005 Neon Sensor Question