Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 SXT neon "ghosting" issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
prouty3232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 SXT neon "ghosting" issue

I have a 2005 SXT Neon, 56k miles on it. I have found out I have a "ghosting" problem from the dodge dealership. My car shakes when at any redlights, or stopped for any reason and I'm in gear, or even in neutral or park. I have had 4 motor mounts replaced because the rubber was gone, and they were done correctly. I also have replaced the harmonic balancer (damper) on the unit. I had a tune up done 4 months ago, correct sparkplugs were used and a new coil pack installed because mine was fried - don't even know how.

Now no one in my town can tell me what is wrong with my car. It does not do it when I accelerate. So the littlest of gas, makes the car ride smooth as a baby's butt! However, if I'm sitting in a parking lot, or at a light, it shakes like it's not getting enough gas or air in somewhere. I put one foot on the brake, and one on the gas to smooth it out. Then drive off. The idle throttle does not ever go above 800rpms, so it's technically not idling high I guess. The shaking comes from primarily the steering column and moves towards the passenger seat. My entire dashboard and windshield shake because all my mirrors shake. I have two cracks because of this now in the dashboard.

I need help!!!! I have spent over $2k in this car in the past 6 months, I need some guidance. What else could be the problem? Everything else in the car, besides going into the motor is perfect - told to me by 5 different car shops and technicans. Could it be a vacuum issue? Air issue? What????

Please help!?!?! :'(

Quick Reply: 2005 SXT neon "ghosting" issue