Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Engine oil and Auto. Transmission leak?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 02:41 AM
wescream1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine oil and Auto. Transmission leak?

So ive been having leaks this whole week, one if colored light brown (recent oil change so its new oil) and the other i barely noticed tonight its red (auto. trans)

I took the car to a mechanic for the engine oil leak but he couldnt Point out the source, so he said i can either start with the oil pressure sensor (or swicth) or run a UV light test. Both were about 65 each so i told him to just do that sensor replacement since he said it was bad anyways.

The oil leak still continues though, he didnt meantion it was leaking from the oil drain plug but he said a little bit from the oil filter.. the thing is that its leaking from multiple spots cuz i have different spots under the car that are seperated.. I want to know if i should try to use some Stop Leak and see if thatll help? if so, what brand should i use and how do i use it? or do i just take it to the mechanic again to do the UV test...

And barely tonight i saw the red fluid, which is the first time i see it.. can i try stop leak fluid as well to see if thatll help? any advice will do..

the engine oil leak is not alot, when i look under the car i never see it leaking but i see the spots once i move my car every morning.. also, i think the oil was overfilled because it is above the line in the dipstick, i think they added 5 quarts instead of 4.5 when they changed the oil..

if i can try the stop leak for the engine oil or tranmission, i would since it would be cheaper and it might just fix the leak,, but can it hurt the car in any way?

any advice will help, thanks..

Old 11-20-2011, 02:45 AM
wescream1
Rookie

also, where is the PCV valve on a 2000 dodge neon, is it on the right of the engine valve cover? cuz whatever is there wasnt screwed on all the way in.. it was enough for it not to fall out but i have to turn it a few times...

Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 AM
wescream1
Rookie

Quick Reply: Engine oil and Auto. Transmission leak?