Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

How do achieve clean headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 PM
K2Motor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do achieve clean headlights?

Why not get new headlights? We are having a Special 5 days sale, till Aug 12, 05, for 95 - 99 Dodge Neon APC projector headlights (Black & Chrome Housing Available) with FREE matching Clear Parking lights @ $124.95 Shipped!

Cheaper than on EBAY!! Click on the picture to get yours today!

<<- FREE

Promotion Code here!!
Black Housing Promotion Code: k2-lhpneo95jmapc
Chrome Housing Promotion Code: k2-lhpneo95apc

*Apply promotion code in the billing form. code cannot work with a space behind the last alphabet.
Email or call for details 626.369.2580 ext 105.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:52 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Because the light output from the APC projectors is worse than stock foggy lights, no matter what bling bulbs you put in them. Aside from spray painting the headlights black, APC projectors are the worst thing you can do for improving night vision.

The DEPO and TYC lights have a significantly better light output than stock, even new stock. My old website has finally shutdown it seems, so I'll have to upload images to a new site, or I can email the pics of the differences that I took during install. I installed one light, took pics in the day, took pics that night, and installed the other light the next day. Good pics of the install steps as well if you need them.

Best of luck!

Old 08-10-2005, 02:14 AM
pimpberetta
Veteran

What grit sand paper should i use?

Old 08-10-2005, 02:37 AM
RayDog26
All Star

u want some thing real fine so it doesn't leave big scratches.... maybe 1200 grit ?

Old 08-10-2005, 04:15 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

wet sand w/ meguires wet sanding block not actual sand paper...you can also dremmel the nipples off the light casing ....

Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 AM
K2Motor

Several reasons contributes to the dimmer headlights; the light bulbs and wiring does plays a part. We sold a number of these headlights and are very well received - with no complains. Give these headlights a shot .

Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 PM
dOmestIc_rIce
Rookie

ORIGINAL: pimpberetta

Iv tried brake fluid, and jus about every chemical in my bathroom on those, but this film of crap does not want to come off the outside of the lens.

What should i try next to get it off. I even tryed steel wool yes, but it didnt even budge that ****.

thanks in advance
if you have yellow fogged up lights, DONT SAND IT! it' gonna take you either the whole day or 6 hrs to get the job done. Assumnig that its ur first time doing it! I'd go to Peps boys and buy a bottle of Mothers plastic cleaner/polisher! I had very yellow headlights. Its like wax, wax one, let dry, polish! Your done, I had done it twice it got really clear but not to factory clear! I was gonna do it again but i decided not to because I have HIDS in them so i doesnt matter! If you want I can send the remaining to you for free if your on a tight budget! They are $6.99 a bottle, and only 12 oz i think!! i have about half the bottle left! Let me know what you think! If you live in the US that is!!! Second if the yellow is tarded in side your headlights, get new ones!! Let me know!![8D]

Old 08-18-2005, 04:08 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: dOmestIc_rIce

ORIGINAL: pimpberetta

Iv tried brake fluid, and jus about every chemical in my bathroom on those, but this film of crap does not want to come off the outside of the lens.

What should i try next to get it off. I even tryed steel wool yes, but it didnt even budge that ****.

thanks in advance
if you have yellow fogged up lights, DONT SAND IT! it' gonna take you either the whole day or 6 hrs to get the job done. Assumnig that its ur first time doing it! I'd go to Peps boys and buy a bottle of Mothers plastic cleaner/polisher! I had very yellow headlights. Its like wax, wax one, let dry, polish! Your done, I had done it twice it got really clear but not to factory clear! I was gonna do it again but i decided not to because I have HIDS in them so i doesnt matter! If you want I can send the remaining to you for free if your on a tight budget! They are $6.99 a bottle, and only 12 oz i think!! i have about half the bottle left! Let me know what you think! If you live in the US that is!!! Second if the yellow is tarded in side your headlights, get new ones!! Let me know!![8D]
Sanding it with a 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper and then polishing it is the best thing to do. The polish will do nothing unless it is just mildly yellow, you need to sand before you polish to get the yellow out. And it will not take 6 hours, maybe an hour a headlight if you do it right.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.

I actually used over cleaner, let it sit for about 30 minutes, worked good to say the least. Then i hit it with steel wool, that got most of the film off, then I hit it with some 1500 grit and finished off with a polish. They look pretty good now!

Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 AM
dodgeme

my father owned a body shop and a detail shop for over 25 years and he said that one of the best ways to get tar, bugs, and any hard to remove crap off of the car from headlights to body parts is to use a rag with kerosene on it. if you use one of those pads that is made to scrub the bugs off and kerosene it will more than likely come off.

Quick Reply: How do achieve clean headlights?