Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

99 Neon Fuse #2 short help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Pewsplosions
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Neon Fuse #2 short help.

Hi. I'm new here but after a lot of searching and browsing I can't seem to find much help. So I registered and hopefully am posting this in the right place.

A while ago my cluster lights stopped working, then I got pulled over because my tail lights were out(didn't know!) Assuming it was a fuse I replaced it and it just automatically blows. The #2 fuse is the only blown fuse in the box so I'm assuming the cluster lights that aren't working and the tail lights are on the same fuse. All signs point to a short somewhere.

I traced all the wiring I could find easily and the wiring looks like the newest part of the car. I couldn't seem to find anything that even remotely resembled a problem. So the next suggestion I got was maybe the switch was bad.

I have the book(can't remember brand) that goes with the car and a little experience with electrical systems so I took the switch off and wired it back together with out it and the same problem is still there. So I'm pretty sure that it is not the switch.

I plan to go even deeper tracing wires to see if I can find the problem because I didn't actually check everything, just the most obvious possibilities but I have a feeling I'm not going to find anything.

So I am out of ideas. I was hoping maybe anybody can suggest other things to check(and maybe directions on how to check them.)

I'm kind of poor so I can't really afford to take it somewhere. I'm tempted to just wire a toggle switch to my tail lights so I can drive at night... but I thought I would see if anybody could help me out here first.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to get out the haynes and get busy. The tail lights go through a lot. Last time I had a brake light issue my blinker switch was bad. Do you need the diagrams?

Quick Reply: 99 Neon Fuse #2 short help.