Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Employee Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Sirdar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employee Pricing

Canadians were offered Employee Pricing which I thought I would take advantage of. It appeared I was the one taken advantage of. Fortunately, a friend of mine knew a salesman at another dealer. I gave him the paper work so he could check to make sure that I didn't get taken. He found out that I was being taken. The dealer apparently took off the spoiler, 15" aluminium wheels, and mats and tried to sell it through the Employee Pricing guise plus they over charged me around $1000. The Employee Pricing was supposed to be the EP price minus, in this case, $3500 for a Dodge SX 2.0 Base (i.e. Neon).

With my new found information, I went back to the dealer and presented my case. They agreed that it was incorrect. The manager made some story that they took the equipment off for another car but was supposed to reduce the cost on the invoice. Ya right. Apparently I was supposed to see the invoice as per the rules of Employee Pricing as per Daimler-Chrysler directives. I never did see it until I asked for it as per the recommendation of the other salesman. There it showed the missing equipment. Anyway, the manager agreed to install the missing equipment plus give me a cheque for just over $1000 to make up the over charge. He also gave me free oil changes for life.

Sorry about the vent but damn I was ticked off. Even though the dealer made it right he still tried to screw me. I just wonder how many other people got screwed by this dealer. According the my friends salesman the dealer is not supposed to do what he did as there are guidelines on how the Employee Pricing is supposed to work. What is more irritating is that when I went to get the cheque the manager said that it was mailed. So I waited a week and still no cheque. I phoned him and he was going to look into it. I went to the dealer and he 'found' the cheque and told me some story about it being there over the weekend but the cheque was dated the same day he gave it to me. I just don't know if I should let D-C know about this. Anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?

Old 09-11-2005, 07:43 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Employee Pricing

Never hurts to file a complaint. Just remember, it's now DaimlerChrysler, and you're a dirty North American buying the cheapest car of the bunch, so don't expect a lot of sympathy, just like those of us that went through the head gasket fiasco years back...

Best of luck!

Old 09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Sirdar

True enough RadarLove but the way I look at it I have still committed to paying them a lot of MY money. It shouldn't matter if I buy their cheapest model or their most expensive, I have still bought from them. I could have chosen 20 other brands to buy my vehicle but I chose Dodge this time. My real beef is not with Daimler-Chrysler, it is mostly with the dealer..for now. According to my friends Dodge salesman the dealer could be in a lot of trouble should they get caught doing what they did. The dealer is what is supposed to sell the product and if the dealer is deceiving the customer it looks bad on DAIMLER-Chrysler (not that any dealer would deceive a customer )

Old 10-10-2005, 06:45 AM
olagunas

That sounds like a normal car dealer to me.

Remember that when you buy from a dealer you’re buying from a PROFESSIONAL liar. You and I may lie time to time, they get paid and even MAKE ALIVING off their lies.

Still, I personally recommend filing a complaint with DAIMLER-Chrysler as these guys seem to have gone above and beyond the normal lies and deceit.

With me it was a little bit on the opposite side, I bought my car on 09/28/2005.

I am accustomed to lies and tricks (I’m a salesperson myself, but in a different industry).

The salesman brought the price of the car down to $250 above invoice with a 4.9% A.P.R. and I was still kicking him in the nuts because I refused to believe that was the best he could do.

I kept telling him: “Carlos, I want to buy this car. Why won’t you let me take it home tonight?â€

I asked to see the invoice early on but they refused, mostly that’s why I kept on pushing them. Finally about an hour later the sales manager pulled out the invoice and at that point I realized THEY COULD IN FACT NOT GO ANY LOWER so I stopped giving them a hard time and agreed to buy.

They wound up giving me two full details worth $100 each, so technically they only made $50 on it. LOL.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Sirdar

Olagunas,
I am glad to see you got a fair deal. I don't mind a business making money but honesty is big with me. If they would have shown me the invoice, like they were supposed to, this problem wouldn't have been an issue.

As for filing a formal complaint, Daimler-Chrysler sent me a survey that I filled out and I hope I exposed the fraud about the dealer. The dealer sent me a survey too and I think they should not have a problem understanding my complaint.

Quick Reply: Employee Pricing