Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

running really rough

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:01 PM
huskers.r.me
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running really rough

i have a 2005 Dodge Neon with 2.0 motor. when it was warm like this last spring it ran rough when sitting at a stop light or stop sign. now that its cold when i start it up in the morning or for the first time when its cold it feels like the car shakes really bad till it warms up but still runs rough when its warmed up. i sprayed carb cleaner to find any vacume and on the head gasket. dont a compression test they was from 145-150. i have replaced plugs, wires. i am out of ideas. if the timing belt is off once tooth can that make a difference? thanks

kevin

Old 12-17-2013, 06:05 AM
sbhawaiian
Professional

I have the same problem with my 2000. I replaced all 4 mounts and the car runs smooth on the road, but when I make a stop it vibrates with the steering wheel shaking. I got a suggestion to drill the butterfly intake valve up to 1/8". I do notice when I increase the engine speed it goes away. No way to adjust idle.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
huskers.r.me

yea i dont really want to drill holes in anything. it has to be a problem solver for this.

Quick Reply: running really rough