Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

INSTANT STALL WHILE VEHICLE WAS IN MOVING OPERATION

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 06:20 AM
LOCOBOYINHAWAII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSTANT STALL WHILE VEHICLE WAS IN MOVING OPERATION

[:@]

TONIGHT, 10/08/05 I WAS PULLING OUT OF A PARKING LOT AT A LOCAL RESTAURANT AND MY CAR WHICH IS A 2000 NEON INSTANTLY "DIED" OUT. POWER TO THE VEHICLE WAS OBVIOUSLY WORKING; RADIO, LIGHTS, SIGNALS HOWEVER WHEN I TURNED THE KEY OFF AND TURNED IT BACK ON THERE IS NO START AND NO SOUND. I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR YESTERDAY WITH 67000 MILES VERY GOOD CONDITION. FROM YESTERDAY UNTIL I PARKED THE CAR AT THE RESTAURANT THE VEHICLE SOUNDED AND RAN EXCELLENT. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VEHICLES AND I'M OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS. BASICALLY, I'M TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT MAY BE WRONG AND IT COULD GIVE ME AN IDEA AS TO WHERE I SHOULD HAVE MY CAR TOWED FOR REPAIRS. I'M DESPERATE.
THANKS

Old 10-10-2005, 05:15 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INSTANT STALL WHILE VEHICLE WAS IN MOVING OPERATION

So there's no sound at all when you take the key to "Start"? Is the CEL on at all?

My first guess would be that the ASD relay failed. That would shut off power to the O2 sensors and fuel injectors. The relay should be in a box under the hood, and you can swap it out with the horn relay in the same box.

A complete loss of crank signal would do the same thing...

If you can get the codes, it will make things easier.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: INSTANT STALL WHILE VEHICLE WAS IN MOVING OPERATION