Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:39 PM
neongirl69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leaking...

So Jimmky did they tell you how they fixed the issue?? my leaking is in the exact same area you are reffering to.. and i'm actually wanting to try and fix the issue myself!

Thanks

Old 12-06-2005, 12:44 AM
jimmyk

Neongirl69, they pulled the left tail light and sealed it with a window seal kinda looks like a putty, I am pretty sure they used a body seam putty for that leak. Still a little water in the trunk so I may have to take it back but it's no where near the almost gallon of water I got out before I took it in. If someone knows the correct term for these please post.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 AM
jpfedele

I have a 2002 Dodge Neon and just today paid $322 to have the rear tail light seals replaced and new padding installed under the carpets in the trunk area and back seat due to literally flooding whenever it rained. The interior now smells of old musty carpet. I have read several postings on the Internet in different forums concerning 2002 Dodge Neons leaking due to deteriorated rear tail light seals. Why hasn't there been a recall to fix this problem? Does anyone know? Has anyone questioned Chrysler about this problem? I am planning to write Chrylser and ask why there hasn't been a recall. I work hard for a living and personally don't like paying Dodge $322 to replace some rubber seals that are apparently a serious problem in the 2002 models. It's criminal and demonstrates poor customer service. I'm outraged!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
flickpen

How about filing a complaint? If enough people do this, we may get a government-issued recall:
see http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq for more information.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
DodgePerformance

I had the same issue, its the taillights seals. Replace them and it will be fine.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 AM
koffeetime

They wanted $200 min to tell me what caused my leak! I had bought extra warranty and argued the point. There was mold growing on my seats, carpet, and seat belts. It was funny when the guy went out he lifted the carpet in the trunk on the left side and said this is where it's from and then it goes into your back seat. I agree with you they know about the problem, but keep it to themselves.
We should all write chrysler!
I'll let you know what happens, they have my car right now.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
phatbak

had the same problem on my fiance's '02 neon. it's definately the taillight seals, since I work for a gasket company, I made some better seals myself.

no more water in the trunk and rear floorboard

Quick Reply: Leaking...