Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 neon won't start at random times

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Katherine Freeman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 neon won't start at random times

I am the unhappy owner of a 2005 dodge neon and I'm ready to junkyard this car. Have been to several area mechanics in Johnson City TN area to no avail. At the most random times my car just won't start. After the tow trucks have hauled it home or to the mechanic's the stupid thing starts right up. The last mechanic to look at it stated that he couldn't fix a car that started. The last tow truck driver thankfully gave me a lift home. He tried starting it at the store I was stranded at an hour ago and nothing. Got it home and it started right up. His parting comment included the words "dynamite" and "exorcism."
I bought the car from a buy here pay here lot and they tried several things to fix it. Ignition switch was replaced twice. Ignition fuses also. The check engine light is on and the ambient air temp sensor is out but I am told over and over this could not possibly be the problem. One guy did say the alternator was screwy and he charged me $100 for I dunno what, voltage or something. He also replaced the rear wheel cylinder. Someone else nicely tried the remove battery cable from running car test before I knew not to do that and the car instantly cut off. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also it's bright blue needs body work and could be yours for the great low price of $2,000 if you know what's wrong with it and want to fix it yourself. email or reply if you are interested.
Note: have towing on your insurance just in case and it has illegal window tint. 5% limo on all 4 windows and rear. I didn't put it on there, bought it like that, but VA will ticket you. I kinda liked the dark so I have left it and paid the one ticket. 168,000 miles roughly. I do have the title.

Quick Reply: 2005 neon won't start at random times