Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

cranks and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM
dphye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy cranks and won't start

I don't get it, it was running good when i parked it. it's got me pulling my hair out.
I have an 02 Neon that (did) run for about two seconds and just shut off. It didn't run bad or off of the norm. Just died after the fore mentioned two seconds. (electricals still on by switch) It did that. several times (didn't count how many) and now will not even give me the two seconds run time, engine spinns, just will not fire up at all.
it has fuel to rails (i can get a squirt of gas from rail pressure valve)
Any ideas?

Old 06-30-2018, 03:22 PM
hendrob63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long do you you crank the engine before giving up ? with mine I get a cam position sensor code , because the cam throws oil on the
sensor and throws a cam sensor code , if you hold the key on for 10 secs or so it will start and run find, then you may never have the problem again
for weeks or could have it in a few days or after a few starts again, you just never know . I have asked about oil on the cam position sensor and was told there
is no seal on the cam bearing and oil is supposed to go in there but if it throws a code like mine does i dont know what to do think its a p0340 without lookin it up

Quick Reply: cranks and won't start