Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Anybody here into Autocross racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:28 PM
carbuzzard.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody here into Autocross racing?

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

But just race with what you've got and have fun! As you start getting more experience driving (and talking with more experienced drivers) you'll start figuring out the parts of the car that need the most attention.

Best of luck!
Excellent advice. You can easily do one thing--a larger than stock wheel/tire combination, for example--that will bump you up into a higher class where you will really get whupped. And that will really take a lot of the fun out of it.

SCCA's rulebook can be tricky. The classes are not simply by engine displacement, but rather based on performance potential, and are therefore subject to subjective classification. If you start messing around before you know what you are doing, you can be spending money to make yourself less competitive.

Note too that driving skill means more in autocross than in many other forms of racing and there's a lot more to it than punching the loud pedal. If you have a chance to go to a school or any other kind of instruction, go there asap. You really have to know the difference between an apex and a hole in the ground.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM
gutted
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody here into Autocross racing?

I have autocrosssed with the NYR SCCA. I found it to be alot of fun. I raced in DSP (not the car in my sig).

Quick Reply: Anybody here into Autocross racing?