Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

i need some help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:31 PM
jordanu23
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some help!!!!!

i had the the tensioner pully on my 2000 dodge neon es go bad and i need to change it. the only problem is that there is only like an inch of clearence between the pulley and the wheel well. even with the plastic wheel well removed there still isnt room. so if any one out there can help me out it will be greatly appreciated.
thanx

Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 PM
kevo9968
Default RE: i need some help!!!!!

one thing to see about trying, with a jack supporting the engine, take the front of the engine mount out/off. then you might be able to lower the engine down to gain more room to work with it. Not sure exactly but an idea.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:51 AM
colton_levi
Default RE: i need some help!!!!!

I ran into the same problem when I tried to replace my timing belt. https://dodgeforum.com/m_347940/tm.htm You have to remove the bolt from the passenger side engine mount then jack the engine way up to get clearance to remove the piece containing the tensioner pulley. If you get to the point where you've gotten it off, I strongly suggest you replace your timing belt and water pump. You've allready done most of the work to get to them so you might as well replace them while you've got your engine mount disonnected and the engine elevated. This guy's website http://chronoscender.freeservers.com...imingbelt.html help me out a lot