Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Bogged down when using accessories.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 PM
whyte69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogged down when using accessories.

I just installed a hot wash system on my 2000 Neon. It heats my wiper fluid to 60 degrees celsius to melt away ice and snow that has accumulated on the windsheild. What I'd like to know is if anyone else has installed a system like this before and if they've encountered any problems. I'll normally spray it for one second at a time and let it rest, as many times as it takes to clear all the ice away. My problem is that the headlights dim, and there is an audible change in how the sounds. I only use this while idling, because I'm afraid of what might happen if I were in motion. Is there a way I could resolve this issue so that this system wouldn't cause such a problem with the electrical system? Is there a way I could install a bypass so that it wouldn't heat the wiper fluid in the summer? It should just be a wire to enable a switch only when I want it to heat the fluid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:09 PM
jimmyk
Default RE: Bogged down when using accessories.

What Brand/Model Hot Wash did you install, can you provide wiring diagrams or a link where I/we can see them. I have a degree in electronics although I haven't had to use it in a Long Long Time I should be able to help you with wiring questions.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:00 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: Bogged down when using accessories.

You can try wiring it to a switch in your car. From what it sounds like to me you in need of a better alternator.

Quick Reply: Bogged down when using accessories.