Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Fidanza Cam Gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:12 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidanza Cam Gear

Has anyone used the Fidanza cam gear? I'm about to get my Crane cam 12 w/ valve springs and the cam gear installed and I was reading some bad things on the Howell Automotive message board about peoples incidents with this particular cam gear. They were talking about the nuts coming loose after a certain amount of time (which shouldn't happen). They said they torqued them to the specifiec amount too. I'm not feeling too great after reading that now.
Has anyone heard anything about them or had any experience with them? Is there anything I should look out for? What do you guys think?
Thanks.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
neon1985
Professional
Default RE: Fidanza Cam Gear

i personally got aems everything i've ever heard was that the bolts become stripped very easily but personally i have no experience with them.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
lblackneon
Champion

So u have the AEM cam gear?
Did u leave your timing belt cover off so u could make repeated adjustments to the gear or what?

Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Fidanza's cam gears have had reliability problems over the years. I haven't heard anything lately, but the AEM and Unorthodox are still reasonably priced and have a great reputation on Neons.

Most people cut the top portion off the timing belt cover to get to the gear. I've seen some where a thin, removeable plexiglass window was put on there. Easy enough.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Fidanza Cam Gear