Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

stupid radio question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Donvier
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid radio question

ok so this is sad to say. i just traded in my 04 stratus sedan for an 04 neon SXT so that i could get the 5 speed and all that good stuff. what i need to know is for some reason my dash isnt build of legos like the stratus was and in all of my brilliance i cant figure out how to get into it to put in my deck. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:37 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: stupid radio question

remove both of the center vents on the dash. all you have to do is push them all the way up and slowly keep turning them upward, they will just pop out. behind them are two screws you need to remove. pluck out all of the heat/ac controls. there are only clips holding the face plate there. gently pull the plate off as not to break any of the clips. then all you need is your socket set to remove the mounting bracket... then just clip your wireharness adapter into place, mount your new deck into a mounting adapter (same one that you had in your stratus might even work) and done done.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:49 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

here it is real quick broken down barney style:

Old 05-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Donvier
Professional

thanks guys i will do this tomorrow. i assumed it would snap out like the stratus did just couldnt find an angle to get ahold of the dash plate.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 PM
fraggle_a
Professional

flamingpinhead!

Dood!.

Thank you!.

I just bought my Neon and wanted to swap out the 200Watt JVC with my 200Watt JVC MP3 player.
Someone else did the nasty work with the speeker wires.
Unfortunatly, they used the old "Twist the wires and electrical tape em" method, so one of them was loose. Took me a while to track it down.

Anyway.

With that awsome picture above, I managed to pull the old radio in just 5 minutes and get the new one in and programmed in just 10!.
AWSOME!
I also had the oppertunity to fix the AC Vents themselves.

That picture needs to be stickied somewhere!!.

Quick Reply: stupid radio question